Parting out bikes - what to do with frames?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of bikes I want to unload before it gets cold out this year. I'd rather sell whole but no one wants them, so if I have to part them I will. I know I could make more parting them out, but then I'm stuck with a frame and probably rims. Most are old lightweight schwinns and such, I couldnt bring myself to throw the parts away. What do you guys who part a lot of bikes out do with the frames if you cant sell them? These are all good usable frames.

worst case, you can always call your local scrapper.Sure its a sin, but if ya can't give em away and ya need em gone, its always an option.

besides, somebody from here is probably already scoping out the junk yard they'll go to. :lol:

Frames fit nicely up in the rafters in the garage. My wife thinks I have 10-12 bikes, but there are 8 frames up there, they don't get noticed that much.
Maybe you could sell a bunch of them together cheap just to get rid of them. The buyer would have to take all of them as part of the deal.

Normally unless they are good frames I cut them in half and make shop hangers out of them, My air hose is hanging on a huffy 20" and my tires are on a 10 speed....lol

There is a n artist in Geneva or St Charles who does sculptures he did a moose about 10ft tall or more at the Moose club(go figure) on rt 38 and Randal rd. I'll try and find his name you prob wouldn't get money for them though.

Wildcat said:
Frames fit nicely up in the rafters in the garage. My wife thinks I have 10-12 bikes, but there are 8 frames up there, they don't get noticed that much.
Maybe you could sell a bunch of them together cheap just to get rid of them. The buyer would have to take all of them as part of the deal.

True, but I really dont want them up there either haha.

I did try selling them in a lot, no one was interested in them all.

outskirtscustoms said:
Normally unless they are good frames I cut them in half and make shop hangers out of them, My air hose is hanging on a huffy 20" and my tires are on a 10 speed....lol

Thats a good idea, but I dont have any wall space left lol

XC204 said:
There is a n artist in Geneva or St Charles who does sculptures he did a moose about 10ft tall or more at the Moose club(go figure) on rt 38 and Randal rd. I'll try and find his name you prob wouldn't get money for them though.
Did he make them out of bike frames? I'm about 40 min from there, I might have to check that out, it sounds cool

He does a lot of frame sculptures very good at it.

:shock: WoW, that's a lot of bikes. I'm diggin that green montgomery ward and that many Schwinns in one place........ I know the Schwinn Chicago head tube badges go for about $25 each on E-bay. You got a fortune right there. They all have pretty decent paint too surprisingly.

Just sell off the dingier and more common parts as whole bikes for REALLY cheap like 20 bucks and have them out of the way. Or maybe ship them all to Schwinnmesa. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
:shock: WoW, that's a lot of bikes. I'm diggin that green montgomery ward and that many Schwinns in one place........ I know the Schwinn Chicago head tube badges go for about $25 each on E-bay. You got a fortune right there. They all have pretty decent paint too surprisingly.

Thats about half of them lol 8) Most of the others are chicago schwinns as well. Most of the bikes in general are pretty nice, most just need tires or a chain.

ratina said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Thats about half of them lol 8) Most of the others are chicago schwinns as well. Most of the bikes in general are pretty nice, most just need tires or a chain.

Man if I had a way to Chicago I'd trade you out of that montgomery ward there. I got two more Schwinns that'd look right at home in your collection.

outskirtscustoms said:
ratina said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Man if I had a way to Chicago I'd trade you out of that montgomery ward there. I got two more Schwinns that'd look right at home in your collection.

Haha I don't want any more bikes! Its yours for $30 if you can find a way here

Back