Parting out bikes - what to do with frames?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too bad you're not in az - i could use a 10 speed front wheel and a wider one speed coaster brake rear...

lumpy said:
too bad you're not in az - i could use a 10 speed front wheel and a wider one speed coaster brake rear...
Too bad you need the whole wheel I could throw the hub and spokes in a small flat rate box.....lol.
I have one if you need it but shipping would probably suck.

It's summer, so people are out riding.

End of summer, students are heading back to college- a lot of them looking for a "campus bike".

Start listing them on Craigslist for $25-50 apiece and I'll bet a lot of them sell.

I mean, there's enough population where you live that there must be some good demand for working bikes. A good number of those I would not part out. That brown Collegiate looks sweet. If it was New Haven, CT I could sell 100 of those... the students at Yale and all the other area schools buy up bikes like that all the time.

You've actually got more Schwinns than me... that's impressive!

Presently I seem to have the following:
47 ladies DX, 64 Racer (the Rat Racer), 65 Collegiate, 66 Stingray Deluxe, 66 Stingray 3spd,67 Collegiate, 68 Racer 3spd, 68 Stingray Deluxe, 69 Breeze, 70 Apple Krate, 71 Grey Ghost, 71 Collegiate, 71 Continental, 71 Fastback, 72 Stingray, 72 Lil Chik (2), 72 Fairlady, 72 Stardust, 72 Breeze, 74 Suburban, 75 Bantam, 76 Stingray 5 spd, , 80 Suburban

And frames: 59 Speedster, 65 Slik chik, 66 Breeze, 67 Stingray, 69 Stardust, 69 Fairlady, 69 Collegiate, 72 Collegiate, 74 Breeze, 74 Stingray, 79 Lil Chik

There might be a few more... that's just the Schwinns. I'm lucky my wife understands.

--Rob

skillsthebarber said:
I could use 2 of those bikes, a schwinn single speed, and a 3 speed. too bad your not in Cali :(

Yeah shipping would kill that deal :(

lumpy said:

I'm willing to ship if your interested

NLCTVWguy said:
It's summer, so people are out riding.

End of summer, students are heading back to college- a lot of them looking for a "campus bike".

Start listing them on Craigslist for $25-50 apiece and I'll bet a lot of them sell.

I mean, there's enough population where you live that there must be some good demand for working bikes. A good number of those I would not part out. That brown Collegiate looks sweet. If it was New Haven, CT I could sell 100 of those... the students at Yale and all the other area schools buy up bikes like that all the time.

You've actually got more Schwinns than me... that's impressive!

Presently I seem to have the following:
47 ladies DX, 64 Racer (the Rat Racer), 65 Collegiate, 66 Stingray Deluxe, 66 Stingray 3spd,67 Collegiate, 68 Racer 3spd, 68 Stingray Deluxe, 69 Breeze, 70 Apple Krate, 71 Grey Ghost, 71 Collegiate, 71 Continental, 71 Fastback, 72 Stingray, 72 Lil Chik (2), 72 Fairlady, 72 Stardust, 72 Breeze, 74 Suburban, 75 Bantam, 76 Stingray 5 spd, , 80 Suburban

And frames: 59 Speedster, 65 Slik chik, 66 Breeze, 67 Stingray, 69 Stardust, 69 Fairlady, 69 Collegiate, 72 Collegiate, 74 Breeze, 74 Stingray, 79 Lil Chik

There might be a few more... that's just the Schwinns. I'm lucky my wife understands.

--Rob

Yeah my dads been collecting since before I was born, we just dont have time to fix them all.

Wish I had that problem. You could make some of these.
stool1.jpg

What a GREAT IDEA. Rat Rod is going to wish he kept that seat! :D It's no longer for sale! :D :D

Back