parts bikes and chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to take the bike to the little girl and before I left the little town I picked these parts bikes up for 30 bucks yep scored a schwinn chopper in the deal but the down side is the rear tires showing threads on the side and the tubes shot.
occ.jpg

Go down to your harley dealer and get a tire. 8)

dragnusa said:
kingfish254 said:
Go down to your harley dealer and get a tire. 8)
lol I might as well with what people are asking for the tires

The Harley tires are free though!!!!! All you need is a tube to keep the Harley tire seated against the rim (with only about 15 psi).

dragnusa said:
Free hows that? and the next problem theres not one close to me

I got the tires for Fugsley from the Savanah Harley dealer and then picked up some whitewall Harely tires at the Brunswick Harley dealer when I was passing along I-95.

You just go there and explain that you want to look through their trash tires for a bicycle you are building. They will point you out back by the dumpster and you can pick through them. They fit on the OCC rear rims (with some effort). Look in my Fugsley build thread and you can see the tires and mounting rig I used. You will need to work out chain clearance with these tires though.

dragnusa said:
What size was the tires on yours? do you know if anyone has found a size that will work without modding the sprocket and fit in the fender?

You can see the tires I ended up with on Page 9 of the Fugsley build thread. There are more tire measurements on the pages preceding that one.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44315&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=mounting&start=120

They are Dunlop D402F MT 90B16 72H tires. Their OD is 25" and the OW is 5".

I can't imagine any of the MC tires that I have seen that wouldn't require removing the fender bracket. Maybe there are some scooter tires. I don't know.

Check out this bike tire that yoothgeye found. It should work for you.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52607&hilit=+tire

Latest posts

Back