Party Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I started a tradition last year for my birthday
[/img] party that includes drinking a lot of beer and riding the freak bikes. Last year all I had was the chopper and tandem so I set out to build a couple more so that more people can risk life and limb.

First off - The Wheelie Ma-cheen. an 80's Murray
before
IMG_8327-vi.jpg

...the plan
IMG_8351-vi.jpg

I'm going to put a longer fork and smaller wheel up front and possibly fab a wheelie bar if I can find an old inline skate wheel.

Second - gender reassignment to the Huffy beach cruiser.
before
IMG_8328-vi.jpg

the plan
IMG_8352-vi.jpg

perform a F to M retransgenderification with only a sawzall, angle grinder, and a welder. The result may not be pretty but if I dress her up sexy he/she'll at least get some looks. Not too sexy because I don't want someone else taking her/him home.

a quick bit of welding on the wheelie ma-cheen. Got the seat set now. It puts you in the sweet spot for massive wheelie action. I need to make the wheelie bar now.

IMG_8353-vi.jpg

Yes, that top tube is getting cut out. I'm going to flat black it and paint the rims red. Not putting a lot of $$$ into them just yet. I'd eventually like to do up the blue bike a bit though and get it a little more in line with the rat rod style.

Ok, so I'm a little slow on the building. Being self employed puts a damper on the free time.

Anyway, got the wheelie bar on the Wheelie Ma-cheen going.

173_0105-vi.jpg

and it got some pedals. I still have to put on the lower bars. I think that this thing is going to be FUN

No progress on the cruiser.

I did get the chopper bike off the wall. Gave her a new seat and some head and tail lights.
173_0098-vi.jpg

173_0099-vi.jpg

My town has been doing this Third Thursdays thing downtown to promote the downtown businesses in the summer - fall. It has become a big hit. This week is a Green theme. We're bringing out the bikes! So I need to get the wheelie ma-cheen ready for it. Dragging out the tandem as well. Should be fun!

Ok, wheelie ma-cheen fab is basically done. This thing is fun as heck. I felt like I was 8 yrs old again riding this thing with a grin from ear to ear.

New front wheel. Looks kinda cool but it's far from being straight and true.

173_0114-vi.jpg

173_0108-vi.jpg

173_0108-vi.jpg

That's the coolest shot I've seen in a while. I should get around to making a wheelie bar for my musclebike-wannabe. :mrgreen:

sweet wheelie bike.. who needs straight and true front wheel when it is in the air the whole time. :D wheelie on

man these bikes are fun!

pics of the evening
http://public.fotki.com/lofrontier/bike ... y-june-08/

my friend runs a little bike race for kids on Thursday nights so he let us jump into the back of the last race. My friend Dave made an odd concoction (sp?). A 36" unicycle with a tag-along bike attached to it.

Met up with a small local bike gang (of sorts) that is getting started. Nice peeps. Some way cool old bikes. I hope to get together with them more often.

I was happy that all the bikes got some miles on them tonight. People loved riding them.

Back