Pate auto Swapmeet treasures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked these up this weekend
First off is a PreWar Schwinn The World Straight bar rider
2011-04-29094014.jpg

Then picked up a Girls Monark Super Deluxe with all kinds of extra parts including the deep fenders I've wanted for a while now
2011-04-29192958.jpg

2011-04-29193506.jpg

2011-04-29193644.jpg

2011-04-29193458.jpg

Nice finds!

I wondered who would be going and what they would find.

I had planned to go early this morning, but a friend of mine went yesterday and said that what he did see in the way of bikes was overpriced.

We laughed and said it must be American Picker Syndrome. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Nice finds!

I wondered who would be going and what they would find.

I had planned to go early this morning, but a friend of mine went yesterday and said that what he did see in the way of bikes was overpriced.

We laughed and said it must be American Picker Syndrome. :lol:

My Grandpa goes every year and I decided to go and check it out, I've never seen so many Black Phantoms in one place before
They were way overpriced on most of them I seen a rough 60's Schwinn Jaguar tank bike for 1200 and walked away really quick also seen a couple of bfk's that were up around the 500 mark saying that they where original 60's stingrays. I said the same thing It wasn't just the bikes that had that problem any kind of memorabilia was that way

I was there early Friday, saw that prewar schwinn and the price wasn't to bad on it. But I sure don't need anymore bikes so I just closed my eyes and kept walking 8), everything else was for sure way overpriced. Nice pickup on the schwinn.

I used to go every year and also to the Dallas Swap Meet over at the Ballpark back when I was into racing Buicks.

Funny how back then I would have never noticed an old bicycle of any kind when I was at those swaps.

Three kids, a mortgage and the prospects of turning 40 in a month sure has a way of changing your perspective. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
I used to go every year and also to the Dallas Swap Meet over at the Ballpark back when I was into racing Buicks.

Funny how back then I would have never noticed an old bicycle of any kind when I was at those swaps.

Three kids, a mortgage and the prospects of turning 40 in a month sure has a way of changing your perspective. :lol:

I went a few years back and never payed any attention to the bikes now that's the first thing I notice

kngtmat said:
Good bike and parts.
oldschoolcolo said:
really like the boy's bike. great find.

Now I need to figure the year out some rough guesses were around 35-36 but I thought maybe later

Latest posts

Back