PAYPAL 1099-K

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
partsguy said:
If you sell stuff through eBay or Paypal, times just got harder for you. Not only do you pay FeePay for shipping costs, but you are taxed for it once you get the money to ship out the box.

yeah whats up with that anyway? why do we need to pay ebay for shipping? they dont ship the items that are sold, we do and the shipping company... i just cancelled my ebay account. i will be transferring the money out of my paypal and closing that as well. back to money orders through the mail for me

dvnport said:
partsguy said:
If you sell stuff through eBay or Paypal, times just got harder for you. Not only do you pay FeePay for shipping costs, but you are taxed for it once you get the money to ship out the box.

yeah whats up with that anyway? why do we need to pay ebay for shipping? they dont ship the items that are sold, we do and the shipping company... i just cancelled my ebay account. i will be transferring the money out of my paypal and closing that as well. back to money orders through the mail for me

I have considered closing my doors too, but there are a few reasons why I won't. Not yet, anyway. When the Christmas shopping season hits, ANYTHING unsold through the year I can rid myself of very quickly!

The other problem is this, I may buy, I know I will. Why would you spend YEARS and THOUSANDS of dollars looking for a special part for a bike when you can search eBay and in a matter of time you've found it. You don't put miles on the car, pay for all the gas, admission to flea markets, swap meets, etc. You save so much trouble and SOMETIMES money in the long run. I was not alive before the internet or eBay (born 1993) and so I have not experienced the car hobby or bicycle hobby before them. I can imagine it though, it doesn't look too good. Especially at the rate stuff is crushed around here! :shock:

Some will quote me and say the best part is the thrill of the hunt - YEAH RIGHT! THE THRILL is an opinion and in my opinion, the THRILL is when the bike is BACK TOGETHER AND YOU ARE DRIVING THAT MACHINE DOWN THE ROAD! 8)

partsguy said:
Well, what do you expect? Paypal and eBay are one in the same and they gotta make their billions-even at the expense of us.

I'd like to see if these CEO's and marketing people can succeed for very long if THEY were the ones using the sites and THEY were the ones paying the fees and taxes. Wonder if any of them would still be profitable after about 4 or 5 months?
While I agree with you personally, from a business view, don't like it don't use it.

Latest posts

Back