Pea shooter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh man :shock: when it warms up for ya, i wanna see some videos! that thing looks killer, the tank was a great idea, i'd say it'd be a pain to fill up but its only 2 screws

SWEET MAN NICE JOB HIDIN THAT Gas tank!, i found mine at Dixieland fleamarket on telegraph. Shes a good cruiser but, This one wont be rat for long, I just found a set of rims for her today in the trash, the chrome will clean up, Im doing my in jet black, Chrome fenders, chrome ape hangers. Its gonna be slick, Idk if it'l fit i want 2 run a 24x3 out back. idk yet. The plans are in my head still.

Man, I can't believe you got that at the Dixieland flea market. A guy I work with just went there about 3 weeks ago and he told me they had bikes their. I just keep putting off going there. I have seen the Harley hummers but never wanted to spend that much money. Cool bike though.

How did I miss this post until just now???

Boardtrack fan-I SALUTE YOU SIR

That is WAY COOL!

Are you running your throtle through a break lever :shock: ? That is an awsome idea for keeping a clean look. You did a great job on this bike, it is really beautiful. Will we get to see it in Ann Arbor at the end of April?...Kelly

I am toying around with the idea of getting a booth at Ann Arbor so maybe. The color is a rattle can flat rustoleum that I clear coated over. Your not supposed to be able to clear over this paint and it has proven to be tricky. The flat color was the closest thing to what I wanted. Lots of coats and lots of sanding!

Im interested in the motor you picked. Which one is it and would you have bought a different one if you could do it over? Have been looking at them for a while but have not decided on which one to order.

Sorry Carolina rat I guess I haven't checked this thread for awhile. I really don't have anything to compare this engine to so I'm not really sure I can answer your questions. I chose this engine because I like the way It mounts on the frame and a buy at work had one that seemed to be working quite well. The controls are kind cheap and worry me alittle but, I guess time will tell. If you want one you should hurry and get it because 2-strokes are now illegal to import. How an engine that gets 120 mpg is a worse polluter than one that gets 20 mpg is beyond me. I was talking to balloon man yesterday and I think he is right. In a nutshell there is no money to be made on developing 2-stroke motors so the government has decided that they should cease to exist. :cry:

I know i dont post much on this site but i look at it at least once a day. I HAVE TO SAY PEA SHOOTER IR RAD MAN. IT IS SUCH A CLEAN :D SIMPLE :p SMOOTH RIDE. 8)

hey i joined up for this thread... im planning on putting an engine on mine... only problem is i dont have the bike yet... im picking it up this saturday. dont know much about old bikes, this will be my first. its a jc higgins flightliner. im going to clean it up as best as i can. engine will be next step. who did you buy your kit from?? all the bikes on the site look amazing by the way... i think i found a new hobby!! heres a pic.
010104010303011606200803119fd1b3adf.jpg

Awesome bike Bolerg. I'm sure it will look even more Cool when it's done. :D By the way, you're the 999th member on this forum... How cool for you!

Welcome aboard Bolerg. Your bike looks like a great canidate for a motor. One thing you will want some stronger spokes than I am seeing there and re-inforce your fenders. there are several reputable dealers out there but I would be wary of some of the e-bay sellers. You may also want to check out this other forum http://motorbicycling.com/ . It is alot like this one with alot of knowlegable and helpfull guys there, they just like motors on their bikes :lol: Oh and the bikes arn't as pretty there...Kelly

Welcome Bolerg. I'm glad you like my creation. I bought the engine kit on E-bay and the guy took so long to ship it I thought I'd been scammed. I'm not sure where to buy these anymore. The government has made it illegal to import 2 stroke engines. You will have to hurry and buy one that is in stock. Chestnut hallow here in Mich. has a Evans frame that is very similar to the one I used for the Pea shooter. I think he wanted about $25.00 plus shipping. The frame is completely covered in surface rust but looked pretty straight.

I got my 80cc engine kit from kingsmotorbikes.com. This kit is awesome!!!! Never had any problems with the kit at all. I did buy a heavy duty rear rim for it from bikeworldusa & also welded the chain tensioner to the frame. Here's a pic of my motor bike & here's a pic of my schwinn that will hopefully be seeing a motor soon. I just found a tank for it.
P3090011.jpg

P3140001.jpg

Back