Peace Love and Choppers (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will try to get pics up of the parts when I have more time and patience for my ipad. The crankset is chrome but will be stripped and gold plated. I saw a bike on the build off last year where the guy got his wheels and crankset to match, it looked so amazing and Im trying to get as close as possible with the same effect. I have almost everything I need either here or on the way as far as the bike itself goes. Then comes the steampunking. I am playing with three options right now and Im not talented enough to do any of them so I will go with what I can get help wih making

This bike as it sits is very cool. I dig steampunk stuff, just trying to imagine it on this steed! Your bike reminds me of a finely honed blade.....slicing it's way through the wind....even as a 'chopper' :bigsmile:

All three of my ideas have been shot down by a friend with a shop, going to go with just some nice elegant touches and call it good. I am still trying to find the right bars and might need a different stem. Mounting the chaingaurd will be difficult and also trying to figure out how to mount the headlight I have

That is the crankset I will use, I will only use the small chainring and it will be stripped and gold plated

The picture above is of my old Honda Chopper when I first got it. I removed the top headlight and still have it. It is whats going on this chopper. The body will be black and the ring and visor will be gold.

No I do not still have the Honda. It had some bad Karma attach to it and was sold in 2013.

Heading out to buy this Jesse James chopper. Tank will go on my build off bike. Front fork, front wheel, and chain will go on my next build for my girlfriend

Dang, my new crank spindle arrived today and it is defective. I was hoping to get my driveline lined up with the chaingaurd this weekend.

I do have the tank to mount, a fender to fit, and some used bars to try for size. If the bars are comfy I will look for a similar new pair

Happy Bike To Work Day 2016

This is my daily driver
That's different :39: a carbon aero hybrid/chopper with different wheel size and no middle seat tube ... i like it !!

Kona chopper looks great too , and i see sweet parts pilling up :)
Promessing !:thumbsup: ''Subscribed'':nerd:

I tried a new shop today. I found the bars I have looked all over for, a new seatpost, a new seatpost clamp, and a brooks double rail seat adapter. I also learned of another shop I will try next week to find a crank spindle that works.

It was $310 delivered. This is the skinny 700cc tire version. It uses the same frame as the fat tire versions. If I didnt need to carry stuff, i would remove the rear rack, it has really nice pinstriping hiding under there. I wanted something really different to ride to work and this fit the bill. I changed the bars to a 45 degree metropolis bar so it could fit behind the vertical handrail on the Bart trains. I also moved the gripshift and halfgrip to the left side. This way it locks in and I can go have a seat. The train ride is 20 minutes each way and i dont feel like standing to hold a bike, i stand all day at work

Back