PEERLESS Ballooner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I found this yesterday. I've looked online some but didn't find much on Peerless bikes except for a bunch of links to chinese bike sites. Can anyone help me out? I haven't gotten it yet since I wanted to do some research and see what the going rate is for something like this.

The last 2 pics are of some old kid's wagon wheels. I'm going to try to get them too if we're able to work out a deal.

Since I'm having trouble with uploading photos from my Fotki account, here's a link to the album:

http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/bike ... 30may2012/

Nice, a little rough but a cool bike to make a rat out of. Wish it had a chain though as that alone will cost you about what it's worth. If you do get it I'd be interested in working you a deal on it.

Early post war Snyder built Rollfast. Definitely worth picking up. The tank alone is worth $100 - $150 if it's not rotten. I'd say if you can get the bike in the $200 range you're doing really well. Rollfast went to a 1/2" pitch chain even before WWII so that shouldn't even be an issue for you. Find a crankset, pedals and a new chain and away you go!

ohdeebee said:
Early post war Snyder built Rollfast. Definitely worth picking up. The tank alone is worth $100 - $150 if it's not rotten. I'd say if you can get the bike in the $200 range you're doing really well. Rollfast went to a 1/2" pitch chain even before WWII so that shouldn't even be an issue for you. Find a crankset, pedals and a new chain and away you go!
Sweet.I was going to throw in late 40's to early 50's due to the coke grips and gooseneck style.IM GETTING BETTER!lol

I guess thats good news then!? The owner hasn't called me back yet so I'm in a holding pattern until he does.

I like the bike alot. I'm liking the straight bar style frames more and more. I don't have any ideers yet on how I would build this one...... :?

Chips_Mahoy said:
I guess thats good news then!? The owner hasn't called me back yet so I'm in a holding pattern until he does.

I like the bike alot. I'm liking the straight bar style frames more and more. I don't have any ideers yet on how I would build this one...... :?

Just deal it to me then you won't have to worry about it... :mrgreen:
Just kiddin' with you. I'd put some tires on it, find a crank set and chain and ride it till the wheels fell off.

Right on, looks like a fun project, I'm kinda going through a mountain bike / road bike phase right now anyway. Keep finding them cheap and I have to drag them home.

I stopped by again yesterday and talked to the owner. (turns out his wife and I went to high school together). He said it was his dad's bike. He said he told his dad that someone was interested in buying it. His dad said he still had the crank, pedals and chain guard for it. He had taken it apart years ago to service it but never finished. So now I'm just waiting to hear on what price his dad comes up with for it......

Sorry for digging up an old thread.....

I "found" this bike again today. I stopped this morning to look at one that had been recently set out as yard art. Turns out it was the father of the guy whose house I had stopped at previously to look at the bike at. He said he got it for Christmas when he was 14. Long story shortened.... I'm going to help him get some parts he needs for it so it can be put back together. He also asked me to help him with an "old Schwinn" he bought at a yard sale in Florida awhile back. So even though I didn't get another bike, sometimes its just as good to be able to help someone revive a childhood treasure.

Latest posts

Back