peugoet sport

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday someone dropped in the garbage by my house that nice old 10 speed peugot, all i had to do is air up the tires!

plan on doing some mods to it...
waterdamage009.jpg

new seat, removed the water bottele cages, removed toe clips and chainguard...looks already better!
waterdamage010.jpg

Wow she's a beaut..I think I will post a sign by my trash "all bikes here"..maybe I will luck up like you.

Did some more mod to the peugeot. new bars, brake levers and my custom cut brooks b17...

this is a mockup, i just ordered some cyclocross tires to use the bike this winter ....in springtime i will tear it down and repaint it!

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

FaceOFFbikes said:
Nice bars. How is the difference from the drops?

being a mountain biker, i just can't ride with drop bars, i can't get used to it...riser bars gives me more controls as they are wider than the crazy narrow drop bars... next i wll be testing different stem lenght to adjust my position...

i still am thinkig of choping the frame a little, but i just dont have time to do it with the electric cruiser build... at least i have projects!

FaceOFFbikes said:
Cool. Call her done! lol

can't do that! i just like to do a little more...

i've had two peugeots and they are great bikes. ditching the drops is the first thing i woulda done too, but heck... if people threw away bikes like that near my house, they'd never see me at work again. :mrgreen:

got some nice cyclocross tires for the bike...its winter here..makes it fun to ride in teh snow..

IMG_1222.jpg

tartosuc said:
got some nice cyclocross tires for the bike...its winter here..makes it fun to ride in teh snow..

IMG_1222.jpg

Speaking of Snow are those 2 snow bikes in the back ground..?

Do I spot a totally impractical but awesome looking checkerboard patterned front rim? Or is that just the camera adding a little funk?

cool pug. i've had two of my own, both late 60's and still have one of them in boxes. was gonna make a fixie out of mine seeing as how i don't have this one piece that converts the vertical brake caliper mounting hole (which is impossoble wo/ the piece to attatch brake caliper to the frame) to a horizantal, 95% of most bikes have type. long story... it will someday be a fixie.

good move to the flat bars. i never could get a feel for drops, even though i used to road race triathalons locally. go fig.
believe if i found bikes in my dumpster, id be m.i.a. from work that morning. :mrgreen:

hi all,

so I had a few problems with the peugeot , broken front derailleur, bent front rim(27") etc..

I found a set of 700c wheels for cheap and i started setting up the frame with more modern components that i had lying around:
-90' xt derailleurs
-late 80 deore thumbshifteres,
-tiagra cranks
-crank bros clipless pedals
etc.

the tires are all cracked on the sidewall so they will need replacement. what do you guys think of cream tires for that bike?
http://www.everybicycletire.com/shoppin ... e-622.aspx

heres what the bike looks like right now.
peugeot002.jpg

not shure about the handlebars yet, it makes for a straight up position, i might go back to a flat bar with bar ends. otherwise the bike rides really good.
peugeot004.jpg

HI,

So i've been wrenching on that peugeot for a while and could not find a position i was confortable enough...

Recently a friend came by with another road bike almost identical to the peugeot but smaller.(sorry no pics from wheni got it)

so i took the bike apart and repainted it to my linking, took the good parts from the peugeot , added new tires and shifters.

ended up with the bike below
That is the second stem i put on it, the first one was placing me a lot lower...it was nicer looking but was not comfy enough for my taste, its a lot more comfy now.
enjoy.
fetedutravail2009001.jpg

fetedutravail2009005.jpg

fetedutravail2009003.jpg

fetedutravail2009004.jpg

i will build a single speed with the peugeot for winter riding.

Back