Phat parts and a Dahon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So last thur. My partner and I are doing an A/C system changeout. As we were rollong the new unit across the carport, there is a Dahon folding bike hanging upside down by hooks in our path. My partner tells the owner "We will need to move this to get by." The owner says " I really need to get rid of that!" My partner looks at me with a grin and says " No problem, we can haul it away." So as we are leaving my co-worker asks "So what are you going to do with it?" LOL Best part? the customer lays a C-note on us as a tip! FREE BIKE AND FREE MONEY!!!! :mrgreen:
PhatXC-1018.jpg

This lil bike had a nice vintage persons saddle on it, already used it and swapped another! :wink:

So friday, I get a call from one of my buds. He tells me he bought a bike for parts and the parts wont work for what he had in mind.Long story short, we worked a trade that both of us liked! I got a set of Phat linkage forks and a 26" x 20" wheelset, he got a nice 26" H.D. wheelset and the trple trees that came originally on my Phat XC-1. :mrgreen:
PhatXC-1016.jpg

This hub is pretty cool! havent seen one before, freewheel w/changeable cog and roller brake!
PhatXC-1011.jpg

PhatXC-1012.jpg

PhatXC-1013.jpg

Last and certainly not least! The 20" wheel from the "parts bike" had a disc brake hub, oh yeah, I failed to mention that the fork set-up came disc brake equipped! So, I have already cut out the hub and will lace it into a Felt 50mm wheel! :wink: This will be outfitted with a Quick Brick tire.
PhatXC-1015.jpg

PhatXC-1014.jpg

Now I just have to be able to work more to buy more parts! I am not attached to the Rear 26" freewheel/roller brake wheel, any interest? :mrgreen:

Slick Rick said:
So friday, I get a call from one of my buds. He tells me he bought a bike for parts and the parts wont work for what he had in mind.Long story short, we worked a trade that both of us liked! I got a set of Phat linkage forks and a 26" x 20" wheelset, he got a nice 26" H.D. wheelset and the trple trees that came originally on my Phat XC-1. :mrgreen:
PhatXC-1016.jpg

This hub is pretty cool! havent seen one before, freewheel w/changeable cog and roller brake!
PhatXC-1011.jpg

PhatXC-1012.jpg

PhatXC-1013.jpg

Hey Rick, Super Sweet XC-1! What handle bars are on it? They look pretty cool!

Those are the stock 5 1/2" rise bars that came on it. They are going bye bye soon! I need something with more attitude! Actually considering a custom fabbed set of bars. We will see. :wink:

Cool finds.
Putting PHAT parts on a Dahon can be fun! :oops: :mrgreen: 8) :p

Hey!!!!
Any update!!
You know that I am interested in anyone else that is looking to MO FATTA a Dahon like I did on Fugsley!!!

Back