Picked up 7 today new picks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well me an a buddy took a ride out to a hot spot the we know about and this is what we ended up with 5 schwinns 1 Elgin and one highway patrole and I will post some picks in the mornning of them after I give them a cleaning tonight any help with the year of that Elgin would be so help full I know it's not the best pick but I'm sure some one will be able help on it ?
7758802a.jpg

ff301249.jpg

ffbc2dcf.jpg

158db5b5.jpg

Re: Picked up 7 today added new picks

Well here thare are sorry I don't have any picks of the Hollywood I dident have a chance to get any as soon as she was cleaned and greased it was sold it was my first one with the old school Hollywood logo but here are the other ones not sure on the year of the Goodyear
66309616.jpg

c42979ec.jpg

29894aa8.jpg

And the 67 starlet this one is missing rear rack one of the rear fender brackets is broke off the tank has the horn and the button but some one had taken off the l shape bracket that the button his for power
df7656b8.jpg

afb5a0a8.jpg

a60e1b82.jpg

db5d63ae.jpg

And this is got to be her sister same thay were right next to each other same year but she is compleat
dcacf5ba.jpg

And had to save this one realy like the color campus green and it's a 69 I'm not a big typhoo fan and I can't say I have seen to many of them in green had a coppertone 64 thou all the ones I see around my neck of the woods are black and red but any way this is my fave out of the bunch I love that patina and but don't know much about elgins thou
c135a899.jpg

9e20bca1.jpg

272b9ec5.jpg

1006e6bd.jpg

b92d7f4f.jpg

7acacfcb.jpg

b991e934.jpg

d76be737.jpg

fbdb6524.jpg

Almost forgot about the pump
7ebbf1b0.jpg

3a8e771e.jpg

Nice pick for sure! The Elgin looks to be a '38-'39 built by Murray. I looks like they cannibalized a later JC Higgins for the truss rods, fork and seat but a sweet bike indeed.

The Elgin has a musselman "aircooled" rear hub. Not as preferred as the new departure that everyone loves, but a very cool looking hub. I've got a very nice polished one that's going on my Shelby (as incorrect as that may be).

On the coaster brake arm it's got Elgin on it so I just assumed it was a Elgin hub thanks for the help if you were to sell it what would be the value on it ?

Latest posts

Back