Picked Up A Cool Huffy,...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the local salvage yard today and no dice, what few bikes they did have piled up together were all mega cheap china specials, guy in the yard said they had been heavily plundered through, so I swung into the local flea mall, nothing, then I stopped by my usual Goodwill store and SCORE!! Picked up this early 90's USA made all terrain bike, 18 speed, first thing I did was swapped out the crankset for a sealed Redline 3-piece crankset, then welded me up a kinda shorty layback seat post and changed out the seat. Got an awesome set of weird Lee Chi brakes on it. Then I swapped out the bars for a set with a little more rise. Tires were flat, I aired em up and holding perfect and tight for over an hour now, sweet set of factory skin walls in excellent condition, doesn't look like the bikes been ridden 5 miles since new, rides great, she's a 6-speed now. :mrgreen:
Picture909.jpg

Picture910.jpg

Picture911.jpg

Picture912.jpg

Really well built bike, everythings straight and lines up perfectly. Fun to ride, surely gonna be my daily rider for the most part. Looks like good ole Huffy really had some good quality control when they were back here in the states.

Latest posts

Back