Picked up a repop Western Flyer..Decisions?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this from a vendor at a local car show last night. Was wondering if I should give it the Black/white treatment as my other bikes. Paint it black with either whitewalls or white tires. Or just keep it as a daily driver and maybe add a 3 speed hub..

tmpphpvkdWxd.jpg

Repop or not, to me it looks way too nice to mess with. If it was mine it would stay as is(maybe add that 3-speed). Nice bike! 8)

keep it the way it is ,that"s my vote ! :mrgreen:

Flat-black the frame & fork
Leave everything else as-is, possibly ditching the front fender.

definatly keep as is. that bike is too nice lookin with great paint and well appointed fenders and goodies, bu tfenders is a personal preference. the 4speed hub would be a sweet addition, too. just remember, you can take an old huffy or murray cruiser and do the flat black thing, but you can't make some black huffy or murray look that nice. what ever you decide, do what will make you happy. :D

Cool idea!...

For now, I think I'm just going to keep the paint on there, it is a bit nice to repaint. Definitely change the saddle to a brooks and maybe some wider cream color tires. I also would like wider handlebars. And definitely look into gears or kickback hub.

Thanks for the input.... :)

"The possibilities are endless..." :mrgreen:

Here's my very similarly laid-out '57 RoadMaster:
001-5.jpg

Back