Picked up a TRUE "RRB" bike this weekend...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
rrb01.jpg

This is kind of cool...was at a car swap meet this weekend, where I always look for bikes, and spotted this interesting looking bike in someone's space. The RRB badge on the front immediately caught my eye, so I took a few pics. It wasn't really in the guys space, so I figured it was his ride-around bike for the swap meet. I was checking out some of his other stuff, and asked him if the bike was for sale and he said he would sell it for $90, so I looked it over a little closer. It looked like a real quality bike, so I told him I would think about it and see what else I would be leaving with. He said the chain needed fixed and I could have it for $80. I told him I would be back and walked around a little more. I wasn't familiar with the name, or the Shimano 600 components, so I googled them while I was walking around. Turns out RRB is a bike building shop out of Chicago that builds some real high dollar frames, and also put together custom built bikes using off the shelf frames they had made for them, which is what I believe this bike is.

Shimano 600, as I understand it, was replaced by what is now known as Ultegra, which is one step below the top of the line Dura-Ace, so it should be pretty good stuff. That was all I needed to hear. Went back and got it for $75. It's too small for me to ride for any length of time, but it might work for me as a roller bike. I think it's a cool looking little bike, just needs a little cleaning up and a tune-up. I want to see if I can get some replacement "RRB Cycles" decals for the down tube. I think the shop is still around.

More pics:

rrb02.jpg

rrb03.jpg

rrb04.jpg

rrb05.jpg

rrb06.jpg

rrb07.jpg

rrb08.jpg

rrb09.jpg

rrb10.jpg

rrb11.jpg

I had a road bike with a full 600 group new in 1994. Based on what mine looked like, I would say those parts are from the 80's. you should be able to date the parts with a search of the shimano part numbers on each part.

That is a very nice bike for that price.

That groupo is beautiful, don't change a thing besides the bars, just ride!

Is it a 52cm? If so we may be able to work out trade as I've got a half decent 1989 Schwinn Voyageur Touring bike bike that needs a new home. (to tall)

Back