Picker Picked and Starlet III

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Got these this weekend, 1970 Schwinn Stingray Krate Cotton Picker, and a 67 Schwinn Starlet III. The Cotton Picker is complete, in need of some attn. but everything works like it should. It shifts smoothly through the gears and the brakes work well, including the Atom brake upfront. The second bike is a 26" Starlet III, very cool and original bike, believe seat and bars are wrong, but the rest looks pretty good. Tires are original, I will need to go through it all, and also see if the horn tank works, sure be cool if it does!

e4f06a5b287579935a1e08b907176536.jpg

2dfd6c83c99be46496daa9f5056adb04.jpg

58bbe0b53bc48b0ff71ae33dd0c0e796.jpg

After some cleanup and a temporary seat replacement, till I can get the original recovered properly.
84d201b9ff4504cf36fab2a5b5b83622.jpg

Last edited:
2 great bikes. The seat might be the right one on the starlet, I've seen Schwinn seats just like that, usually has a small metal tag on the back that says Schwinn approved. Those bars may have been put on by the dealer as a request from the owner, it looks like the grips weren't damaged taking them off. That's the first coppertone Starlet I've seen.

Very nice find!

Where"d you find ? Internet ?

~RafaeL~
Actually a guy I traded bikes with a while back, contacted me last week to see if I had a interest in them. I said sure so he brought them buy and we negotiated a deal. He got a Slik Chik for his Daughter and some Cash, and I got the bikes. He also gave me a second Cotton Picker Frame he had as part of our deal.

great bikes - REAL NICE Cotton, wish the paint on mine was that nice. congrats !

Wish someone would bring me a pair like that :)

Glad you are planning on swapping that WW out. I think it just overpowers the bike. But even with it that CP looks great! With a recovered seat you will have a real winner!

Love that Coppertone Starlet as well! That tank really sets it off!

Latest posts

Back