Pics of my Fav bike (K2) and a Grey Ghost trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Heres a pic of my favorite bicycle, its not a ratrod so I hope you guys dont mind :oops: its a 98 carbon K2 ProFlex, I found it at my local bike shop, Ive had it for a few years and have added a few upgrades like the carbon Spin rims, Maxxis Hookworm tires, and Haro peddles, I added a set of yellow grips and a yellow and black saddle since these pics were taken, shes a sweet ride and a pleasure to take out on a spin, shes never seen foul weather and has never been off road (and never will! :D) Ive also attached two pics of my Grey Ghost trike, it doesnt exist any more so I hope you enjoy the pics, members of the Schwinn forum have seen them before, here they are :mrgreen:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/s ... ain060.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/s ... ain059.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/s ... ike2-1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/s ... rike-1.jpg

If your not taking that thing off road, you're missing out on a lot of great riding. I had a highly modified 856. With it's super high BB clearance it is unstoppable. Rocks, logs and drop offs are childs play. Just keep the pedals crankin and you can clear most anything.

Love the Hooks, great tire. I had a set of SPINs but they dont like people my weight, they flex between the spokes and ride like clown wheels for me. Now go get that thing dirty, it aint no trailer queen. :)

The trike is awesome, please tell us more about it.

Oh, welcome to the board too. \m/ \m/

62H

62Higgins said:
If your not taking that thing off road, you're missing out on a lot of great riding. I had a highly modified 856. With it's super high BB clearance it is unstoppable. Rocks, logs and drop offs are childs play. Just keep the pedals crankin and you can clear most anything.

Love the Hooks, great tire. I had a set of SPINs but they dont like people my weight, they flex between the spokes and ride like clown wheels for me. Now go get that thing dirty, it aint no trailer queen. :)

The trike is awesome, please tell us more about it.

Oh, welcome to the board too. \m/ \m/

62H

yaa..that is exactly what I was thinking Higgins..exactly

Being from British Columbia,I'm, sure it's been heard
that, we have The Best Off Road,Down Hill Mountain
Bike Riding in the World.The North Shore,and
Whistler are famous.I don't get as KNARLEY as I used to
but I think that beauty deserves to open up
all 6 Carbs and light em up on The Hills!!!!
...Very nice Downhill bike.

and the Trike,well what can I say!
SCHWING! A work of ART!

peace,
Kev.

Get her dirty! :shock: Brrrrrr! the thought of my K2 getting dirty sends shivers down my spine! :lol: Plus Im getting up there in years and dont heal up as quickly as I used to :lol: Ive got a GT Backwoods All Terra Triple Triangle aluminum framed hard tail that I can take out to the trails and get dirty if I should get the urge to put life and limb in harms way :mrgreen: I guess I have a bike for just about every occasion and weather condition! Im going to be posting some nice bikes F/S soon including a 1937ish womans aluminum framed Monarch Silver King, almost all there too, and Ive been thinking of selling my 1910ish Racycle, the Drie Stern, and two Columbia bikes I have been sitting on for no reason, I forgot the early 80s Schwinn Collegiate too, but Im keeping the fenders! :mrgreen: Thanks for the nice comments guys.

GGT

Ahhhhh a grey ghost trike. Is that why you got dumped from the Schwinn site :?: :wink:

LOL! Nah, I got "dumped" because I stated my humble opinion as follows,"they just bought the name and they would never truly be Schwinn" or something along those lines, they got peed off and dumped me from the site....I guess that would make it a true fact statement!? If it wasnt true it wouldnt/shouldnt have bothered them? Hmmmmm...... :mrgreen:

They gave me a hard time about advertising this forum when I first launched it and said it was their policy to not allow links to other forums....as if I would steal all of the Schwinn traffic...ha ha!

I guess if you wanted to re-join their site you could just pick out a different username and an alternate email address.

Nah, Im good, dont get me wrong, its a very cool site and I learned bunches from those guys, really nice bunch over there by the way, but I dont think I can stand not being able to voice my opinion, ya know? kinda like living in China.

ilikebikes said:
LOL! Nah, I got "dumped" because I stated my humble opinion as follows,"they just bought the name and they would never truly be Schwinn" or something along those lines, they got peed off and dumped me from the site....I guess that would make it a true fact statement!? If it wasnt true it wouldnt/shouldnt have bothered them? Hmmmmm...... :mrgreen:

HAHA thats awesome!!!! Man the truth hurts. Ignaz would be rolling over in his grave if he knew about the "Schwinn" of today. I guess thats what u get when greedy family gets a hold of a business, all they see is $$$$$$$.
Troy

Back