Pics of our "Ape'y" bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you can probably tell that we are into apes and gears. Decided to drag em all out today and get some photos.
thegang002.jpg

thegang001.jpg

This is my wife's old Western Flyer with Shimano Inter 7 speed
thegang013.jpg

this is another Western Flyer built about 2 years ago. Single speed.

thegang014.jpg

This is "Rock You Like a Hurricane". A Peerless 3 speed. Was my RRBO bike.
thegang015.jpg

This is a 6 speed Murray Monterey I just finished. Tried something different with the red touches on the seat frame, brakes and sprocket.
thegang016.jpg

thegang017.jpg

thegang018.jpg

thegang019.jpg

thegang020.jpg

This is another, newer 7 speed Murray we just remodeled for my wife. Hippee chic style!
thegang021.jpg

thegang022.jpg

thegang023.jpg

thegang024.jpg

thegang025.jpg

this is also her classy AMF Roadmaster 6 speed rat..
thegang026.jpg

and her Kustom Kruiser, "Pinky"
thegang028.jpg

This is a Dyno I picked up about a month ago. No mods as of yet

thegang030.jpg

an AMF, formerly a skinny tire 3 speed. Now a 5 speed. "Vixen" we call her... kind of a family bike. Everyone rides her
thegang032.jpg

last is my total rat. Nice patina original Westpoint converted to a 3 speed coaster.
thegang033.jpg

thegang034.jpg

thegang035.jpg

and rat is all of the rideable ones at present!

Thanks guys! It is fun to hang around the garage.. a lot of other's bikes go in and out of here too! Always fun stuff :p

Beautiful collection of bikes! 8)

It's great that none are the same, each having their own distinct personality. Very cool! 8)

Great bikes, love the last one. :)
I also have a fake rat for my rat, just got it a few days ago in the halloween section. How did you attach yours? I am still trying to stick him on my bike without it flipping off when I go over a bump.

the rack has metal slats. I used black tie-wraps around the rats feet..works great and you can barely see them.

Just added a couple of more....

This is another Murray Monterey that we built for my wife. It's a 7 speed with 16" apes.

nanner008.jpg

This is Huffy mtn a bike we just built for fun... 10 speeds with 15" apes

nanner003.jpg

Back