Pierce Arrow: Should I look into this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'd buy it in a moment, that bike is kool. make it into a single speed or keep the 3. put some lite stuff on it an ride the wheels off it while showing up the roadies.lol

Outlaw 8)

They are actually called Pierce only, I recently seen about 8 mens/womens and 2 tandems at one of my "Finds" they have a great looking badge. They were made by the Pierce Arrow motor car Co. Easily worth the $75. one that I saw even had a shaft drive

I've seen bikes with the Cadillac brand, John Deere, Lamborghini, etc. In most cases, it's just a matter of the owner of the name licensing it out to a bike maker, and the name owner doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the making of the bike. And, as far as I can tell, they're usually not the least bit more valuable because of the name. (I saw a lady yesterday riding a Dr Pepper bicycle, for example). Buy if you want, but don't pay anything extra just for the name- buy for the bike.

Here's the Cadillac:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/790222304.html

I had a Pierce Arrow Road bike as a youngster. It was a handme down from my brother who bought it about 1967 or 68. It was a pretty nice for the day 15 speed road bike. I don't think they were related in anyway to the Pierce Arrow car/bike manufacturer from the turn of the last century.

The bike in the add is a sixties bike and the fork is bent.

Back