******pimpin out the electra rat rod 02.11 UPDATE!!*********

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: pimpin out the electra rat rod (pics embeded!)

Hey Chris,

Here's a couple ideas for ya. These are mine and my sons ratrods. The stretched is a 26" and the boardtrack is a 24". As you can see the possibilities are endless. If your anything like me you'll change it 20 million times. :? Have fun with it.

f489ca11.jpg

d3e6806e.jpg

You could 'age' the flames with fine (000000) steel wool, that way you run less of a chance in damaging the paint. I love these frames, can't wait to see the final results.
Back to the Phantom style light, I know they have a spot on the stock fender for the batteries, what about using just a repop light cover and lens ( "back sprayed" with clear red) with an LED flashlight mounted inside used as tail light? The repops are typically plastic, so it would take satin black spray paint pretty easily to blend in with the stock paint job. Maple Island has both pieces for $23.00 + shipping. It would be 'sizeable' enough to offset your dual headlight idea. Throw on some whitewalls, oh yeah...
Just brainstorming, ya know??

http://www.mapleislandsales.com/search_ ... bmit+Query

Dr. T

@legburner: thanks for sharing those pics of you and your sons bike! they look great! definitley seeing some things I like.
@mr. t: I've been wondering how to fade those flames! I true sandpaper and that did not work. imma pick up some steel wool tomorrow.
and also, your saying to just put my own led light in the casing of the phantom light? I can see that.. are you sure it would fit tho? someone else said it won't...
thanks again.

chrismariscal69,
I'm more of a designer than an engineer (that translates into a LOT of things that don't work exactly right :roll: , drives the wife CRAZY). I'm gonna have to let the Schwinn guys verify if it will actually work. :mrgreen: This was an idea I originally had for my bobber, I'll still like to try it out. It seems like all the visual 'weight' on cruiser-type bikes is focused on the front (i.e. triple tree and springer forks, headlights, even ape hangers) I try to keep a more balanced look to my bikes.

Again, just thinking....... :roll:

Dr. T

Re: pimpin out the electra rat rod (pics embeded!) UPDATE!!

hey guys,
i know im not done, but i have been able to add some things. ive added my lights, cup holder, 27" ape hangers, RRB decal, painted my chain, removed my headbadge, removed chain gaurd badge, and added pyramid studs to the seat and cup holder.
i still need new grips and a new fork. any other ideas please share. thanks.
DSCN1546.jpg

DSCN1548.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

Looking good!

cman said:
bikeworldusa.com is a great place to order from

Had a real bad experience with them once, ordered a Nexus 7 hub, which they showed in stock but actually never had from the one communication I recieved. Wouldn't return calls or emails after that, credit card company took care of it IIRC but off my list for good.

If you want to get some cool parts, and see some cool bikes try Mike at Vintage Bicycle Supply. The best Bike shop in Sacramento for bikes like ours. Hes a cool guy and posts sometimes on here.

Vintage Bicycle Supply

4370 24th St
Unit D
Sacramento, CA 95822

(916) 736-3034
vintagebicyclesupply.com

Back