Pin Stripping FTW..?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, anyone have any cool examples or ideas for pin stripping? I love to look at different stripper's work and the creativity they use. ANY pics would be greatly appreciated...
Cheers,
LS

I don't have any of the tribal/ ratrod style of pinstripes, which I like but I can't seem to find anyone in St. Louis who does it........ I would GLADLY be a no-pay intern for somebody if they would teach me the craft....

IMG_0103.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0441.jpg

scrumblero said:
Great panels of pin striping... That "old skool" rat stripping always seems to catch my eye. Between the color combos and tribal designs, just good stuff. There are a few folks who do it at the Long Beach Swap Meet here in CA. I have alway considered having it done on my motorcycle and possibly a thrasher cruiser. I have even considered doing a photo journal of pin stripping from around the country.

Any "on bike" examples of stripping would be appreciated. I wish I was talented enough and blessed with a steady hand to do my own stripping. Then again, if I was exceptionally gifted athletically, could throw a 100mph fastball for a strike with a nasty chang-up, I could have been a professional pitcher. :lol:

http://www.mackbrush.com has a great gallery. http://www.pinheadlounge.com has lots of galleries by some crazy good stripers. Alan Johnson and Herb Martinez have some good books but the best way to learn is to do it, and do it, and do it. A quote from Alan Johnson's book, "...buy a striping brush and a gallon of One Shot Sign Painter's Enamel. When the paint is gone you'll be a decent striper." Beginners tip- when you think you have a brush problem you probably have a paint consistency problem.

theVULTURE said:
Hey Lead Sled, I do a little striping myself. Let me know if I can help you out in any way. 8)

Ray, I looked through every pic in your album. Nice stripping and grats on you wife's bike. you do great work. You ever in SoCal LA area? I may have some stripping for you. :D

Lead Sled said:
theVULTURE said:
Hey Lead Sled, I do a little striping myself. Let me know if I can help you out in any way. 8)

Ray, I looked through every pic in your album. Nice stripping and grats on you wife's bike. you do great work. You ever in SoCal LA area? I may have some stripping for you. :D

I might head down to Burbank to hang with a buddy in the FenderBangers and see some cars 8)
If it happens, I'll shoot you a pm

and THANKS for checking out my work! I'm still new to the game, and doing allot of work for free :mrgreen:
hope to change that enough to keep my box full of paint.

theVULTURE said:
I might head down to Burbank to hang with a buddy in the FenderBangers and see some cars 8)
If it happens, I'll shoot you a pm
yes, PM me for sure and bring your brushes... Cheers.
LS

Latest posts

Back