Pinstriping Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey Guys
What paint would be the best to do pinstriping on a bicycle :?
Thanks
Nick :mrgreen:

2nd the 1-shot. Any good art supply stores carry it.
Sometimes you can get it cheaper from Eastwood.com.

And... not sure if this applies to pinstriping... but have a little thinner available to get a drop every once in a while (work into brush on palette) to keep the bristles flexible as the paint dries out in the brush. I know you didn't ask technique here but its critical in getting smooth lines... in sign lettering, at least.

one shot and only one shot. although house of kolors does pinstripe pant i just have not messed with it yet

they might be able to order them for you.....
if not go to a local auto paint supply shop...they should have them in stock if not they can order them
btw...you may want to start with a 00 those are what most use(i prefer a 000 but im heavy handed)

and good on you for buying local :mrgreen:

Where do I find brushes locally? The art stores have tons of 1-Shot, but not brushes?

I'd prefer to support a local business.

Striping and lettering brushes are great to use of course, but don't feel that they are the only brushes you can use with one shot. I personally like to use fine art liner brushes as well. I tend to pick them up at the local art store for between $5 and $10. I especially like to use liner brushes for small delicate detail work. Of course, I'm not good at striping either. My specialty was always painting monsters and skulls and stuff like that with one shot. For my interests, the liner brushes are excellent. My advice is to get the one shot paint first and then experiment with brushes to find what works best for what you are doing.

Just something to think about.

Hey Social Reject, I'd like to see your One-Shot skulls and monsters. Please post some pics! Gary

B607 said:
Hey Social Reject, I'd like to see your One-Shot skulls and monsters. Please post some pics! Gary

This is a sign I did. Obviously, I didn't use all one shot with this. The shaded areas are done with acrylics but a lot of the black is done with one shot.

BERRYMANS.jpg

I did this model A Ford dash with all one shot.

BULLdash2.jpg

DASHRAIL2.jpg

Thanks for the replys everyone :mrgreen: That will really help :lol:

Back