Pixie project: Sgt Del

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my Pixie project. I'm naming it after my Grand Father who served overseas from 1940 to 1945 in Europe with the Royal Canadian Artillery. So as you might have guessed, I will be going with a camouflage paint job. Canadian forest pattern, black and green.

SgtDel1.jpg

Replaced chainring with a bigger unit and applied the flat black base coat.
SgtDel2.jpg

Looks like it's progressing quite nicely - and quickly!

The seatpost extension is :D :D :D

Keep the pic's coming!

-Mp

Thanks for the idea on the seat post extension. Im gonna make a pixie JUST WAIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the smurf you stole that from will never recognize his bike after your done with it lol!!! you gotta keep the tire though man !!!!

With the bigger gear you should get some dangerous speed from that.

That's a great pic! Thanks for sharing! I love old pictures of family and friends. Looks like you never stood a chance with the bike thing. Apparently it was in the genes! :p Is the Sarge still with us? If so, could you get a pic of him and the namesake bike?

I like that you're honoring Sarge with a small bike that way it will be easy to display. I have a friend that told me, a buddy of his has this old kids bike in his livingroom inside a glass coffee table. i thought that was a cool idea. Maybe when you're done, it might be something to think about.

Now lets see some of them thar helmet pics! :shock: And more bike pics too!
Chainy

Sorry Chainsaw, the Sarge left us 25 years ago. He was 28 and a father of 3 when he enlisted for service when Canada declared war. He would have been 95 by now, but he had a hard life and it took it's toll. As a small child he was my hero even though he never talked about it much. I always wondered why he didn't share much of that experience until I saw Private Ryan. Who could have believed those stories unless you were there. I cherish is memory and have much respect for all who serve.

I'll try to get my old camera running today to get you some update pics and a shot of the helmet. That bike, like the Sarge, is aimed for action, not show. :mrgreen:

Here's an update. Did the full camo paint job and I'm now looking for the few missing parts like tires and a front wheel. The seatposts were "welded" with metal epoxy.
SgtDel3.jpg

close up of the chainring
SgtDel4.jpg

This is the helmet I will be wearing for races in response to chainsaw. Don't worry, I'll leave the grenade at home. (Don't go all freakin out, it's a dud.)
SgtDel5.jpg

Nice job on the camo paint. Looking forward to the finished product. Now if we weren't ~4000KM apart, we could have ourselves a grand ol' race or two.

-Mp

BTW - My next pixie racer has a very good chance of wearing camo.

Camo paint almost always come out great. I leave the entire thing in one piece. One side note, not all flat black paints are created equal. The rust proof stuff from Krylon is a bit more pricey than their regular cans, but covers a lot better. Now where did I put that grenade pin?............. :shock:

Back