PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your top 3 favorite bikes

• 1. 1952 Hornet (50DueceDaddy)

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 2. 64 Gasser!!!! (Houndog)

• 3. '67 (Funkme)

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • 4. American Immigrant - The American Immigrant (EasyRider420)

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 5. Apple of my Eye (FatBoy)

• 6. ATOMIC PUNK (bean)

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • 7. Bad Fish (slowriderz)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 8. Barney Fife (450redrider)

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • 9. Below Radar (Brentley)

• 10. better late than never.. built it my way (motorcitygearjammer)

• 11. Bishop - The Bishop (justride)

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • 12. Black bike (deorman)

• 13. BOARDER PATROL (Chips_Mahoy

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 14. BonniRocket (expjawa)

• 15. Brightliner (brett4christ)

• 16. BULL DAWGED (rlhender)

• 17. CCM Beauté Noire (jamaces)

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 18. Cherry Bomber (dogdart)

• 19. Chicks need love too (Retro Rat Rog)

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • 20. Coast King Murray ([[email protected]][email protected][/email])

• 21. Copper King 2012 (cyclonecoaster.com)

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • 22. Dakota Bandit (Oneuglybike)

• 23. DEVIANT (Lugisland)

• 24. Devil's Darling (skiptooth7)

• 25. DMB "Smooth Rider" (abosley)

• 26. El Moco Mojado (Cuan)

• 27. Eliminator (Peatbog)

Votes: 30 7.4%
  • 28. ELLIS SPEED SHOP SCHWIN (CCR)

Votes: 35 8.6%
  • 29. FAIRBANK FLYER - THE FAIRBANK FLYER (char)

• 30. Fisch's 20-inches of AWESOME! (Fisch)

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • 31. Flex-Liner 7 (kingfish254)

Votes: 36 8.9%
  • 32. Forward look - The Forward look (Mr. Kool)

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • 33. Frisco bobber (Scootbomb)

• 34. FULL TILT BOOGIE (texasbigjon)

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • 35. GEORGE BARRIS DragStripper MUSCLE BIKE Psychedelic DRAGSTRIP (tanksalot)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 36. Green With Envy- A 1955 Huffy Rat (someguy83)

• 37. Hammered Higgins (MazdaFlyer)

• 38. Hex53 (tvc15)

Votes: 47 11.6%
  • 39. HiaWhatThe!!!!! (Xcruiser)

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • 40. Higgins the German Spy (yoothgeye)

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • 41. HodgePodge All Pro (Green P1)

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • 42. honey badger (beatcad)

• 43. Hood Rat (deven_science)

• 44. Hot Rod Columbia (65rat)

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • 45. HOT ROD DELUXE (SCHWINNRAY69)

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • 46. Hot Rod Higgins (Terry66)

Votes: 63 15.5%
  • 47. Huffy HOP-UP (Skipton)

• 48. I HATE MYSELF FOR BUILDING YOU (JOAN JETT BUILD) (Jake Sensi)

• 49. I've Got My Spine, I've Got My Orange Crush (p00r0ldlu)

Votes: 24 5.9%
  • 50. Jacked Up Pilot (MplsCoaster)

• 51. JAGUARAT - THE JAGUARAT (killingevilnine)

• 52. LACKLUSTER (Critter1)

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • 53. Last Ditch Effort (Missing Link)

• 54. Lil Boy Rat Rod Bike (AtomicSwan)

• 55. LOCO-CYCLE (raggedjim)

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • 56. Long Black Train (menzorro)

• 57. MAD MAX (subadrew)

• 58. MADD DAWG (dirtydawq)

• 59. Manta Race (Bane)

• 60. MoFaux (fordsnake)

Votes: 127 31.3%
  • 61. Momma's Boy (bpellham)

• 62. MONSTER HIGGINS (ndaway)

• 63. MOSBY'S RAIDERS (bike2112)

Votes: 53 13.1%
  • 64. Murray's Revival (srdavo)

• 65. New School (bighit)

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • 66. Nuttin Fancy (big kountry)

• 67. OBSCURED (highship)

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • 68. Old Skool Kool (oldy57)

• 69. Ole Blue (Scrapirondesigns)

• 70. Paint it Black (yeshoney)

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • 71. POCA RATA (pick)

• 72. Project Purple (kingsting)

• 73. Purple Reign (socal_jack)

• 74. QuickSilver (udallcustombikes)

• 75. Rat Klunker (FunkyStickman)

• 76. Rat Salad (streetpirate)

• 77. RHUBARB RAIDER (Gold Street Customs)

• 78. RIDGE RUNNER XXX (PeterBuilt)

• 79. Roadmaster to Roadgrader (recycledbikez2)

• 80. Rock Bottom (bebopblu)

• 81. Rock You Like a Hurricane (mitchelangelo)

• 82. rugrat ride along (jats)

• 83. Sarcasmatron (sensor)

• 84. Schwindian (Diabolical_Dork)

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 85. Seminole - The Seminole (ifitsfreeitsforme)

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 86. Shakedown (mrflagman)

• 87. SideHacked! (JoKeR63)

• 88. Simple rat (charliechaindrive)

• 89. Smokin' in The Boyz Room (EastOfEastLos)

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • 90. SOUL CATCHER (dragnusa)

• 91. Special Delivery For Autumn (hardcore73)

• 92. Speed Chief (evalu8r)

• 93. STEAM BOY (54shadow)

• 94. Strait Steal (Heavy Pedal)

• 95. Tales from the Crypt (52hawthorne)

• 96. Terrible Tiger (Illiterite Wino)

• 97. TIMBER BARON (JJBones)

• 98. Time Twister (Joker-n-Jack)

• 99. Trussworthy (Kreep)

• 100. TWENTY2 (RonK)

• 101. Typhoon (MONARKofSoCal)

• 102. Ubernaturlich (ChrisMac)

• 103. Uncle Touchy's Back Roads Bomber (aka_locojoe)

• 104. Upside Down Xcess (jerrykr)

• 105. Vulture Wing (vermodreary)

• 106. Wrap Rod (Rotton)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fisch said:
Thanks to the 5 members that have voted for 20-inches of awesome. It means a lot. I figured building a 20"er was picking a hard path to get votes, but I had the bike in my head long before the BO started, and just had to build it. I'd never done as much hand fabricating on anything. Even got to use a welder for the first time! Fabbed a full custom springer, made a seat tower, it was a real journey for me.

In the end, I did things I didn't know I was capable of, and that is worth its weight in rust(or votes).

(But now that I know I can finish one, I may have to up the inches next year if I want to actually compete! :oops: :lol: )

Being a fellow 20 inch bike builder this year, I knew going into it I was at a disadvantage. I am kind of a non-conformist anyway & always up for a challenge. I think there are quite a few 20's this year that are very cool. Congrats to all of you! At this point I have 7 more votes than I planned on getting. Thanks to all who voted! Good luck to all you builders in the competition!

Thank you to the 6 cats that voted for Joan! Come on I need 4 more to make my quota :mrgreen: . Never intended on winning but this is the best vote http://emob1185.photobucket.com/albums/ ... 1344602636. I know you guys had as much fun as I did. I hope I entertained and inspired you to dig deeper. Just remember that I like honey smoked turkey on my sammich and my beer almost frozen. You cats are the best and Hulk say Hi and him want more votes for Jake or else!! :mrgreen: So cue up Queens "Prime Jive" and ...IBJB!!! GBTB(get back ta buildin'!!). Peace

Thanks to everyone who voted for the Hot Rod Deluxe! 8) Just two more votes to make it to double digits...c'mon people!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow what an event !!!, such a tough competition, first off I wanted to thank whoever gave me my two votes, I had a game plan with my first build I started with, but then it overwhelmed me $ wise and stress, so Rhubard Raider just fell into its own build, the biggest thing I wanted to do was finish!!!, I did it ,winner winner chicken dinner.As far as my votes went this year I picked Mofaux also as my #1 and for #2 I picked Lococycle both of those just oozed style to me, #3 was a little tougher as the bike I picked I just never really felt it when it was being built even though I was totally blown away with the work being done, but in the finished pics & the video of the sidecar opening,,,,, BOOM!!! I am done that is awesome thank you for Sidehacked !!!! I could have surely kept voting Jaguarat, Lackluster,Hiawhatthe, Hammered Higgins,Full Tilt Boogie, some that blew me away were Eliminator for all the fabbing on every little thing, Forward Look , that is the toughest looking fixie ever!!! 67, way to step out of the box!!!! New School , I vote for the bike I wanted to ride the most, Steam Boy, Wow what a transformation You will be rewarded soon. Smokin In the Boys Room is another bike that dropped my jaw,Schwindian, are you serious that bike rocks!!! Flexliner very cool Spaceliner, I could go on but I have to go to work, keep on my brothers of spokes and rust.....out!!!

Don't worry Sray you will get those votes. The Jake Brake :mrgreen: thanks Peat for naming. I had ideas that stuck or I'll use later. The Barker lounger,the rear seat and fork will all go to some deserving bike. My paint had to look good like yours and I just keep the bike as It told me to make it. In the end I still could've entered it the way it looked after I "changed" it.
Yeah isn't it funny that her outfit that day matched the bike! No that wasn't staged. I will like always vote on the last day and I will annouce the Winner of my Tuff Bike Award! Suspense!! :shock:

Gold Street Customs said:
Wow what an event !!!, such a tough competition, first off I wanted to thank whoever gave me my two votes, I had a game plan with my first build I started with, but then it overwhelmed me $ wise and stress, so Rhubard Raider just fell into its own build, the biggest thing I wanted to do was finish!!!, I did it ,winner winner chicken dinner.As far as my votes went this year I picked Mofaux also as my #1 and for #2 I picked Lococycle both of those just oozed style to me, #3 was a little tougher as the bike I picked I just never really felt it when it was being built even though I was totally blown away with the work being done, but in the finished pics & the video of the sidecar opening,,,,, BOOM!!! I am done that is awesome thank you for Sidehacked !!!! I could have surely kept voting Jaguarat, Lackluster,Hiawhatthe, Hammered Higgins,Full Tilt Boogie, some that blew me away were Eliminator for all the fabbing on every little thing, Forward Look , that is the toughest looking fixie ever!!! 67, way to step out of the box!!!! New School , I vote for the bike I wanted to ride the most, Steam Boy, Wow what a transformation You will be rewarded soon. Smokin In the Boys Room is another bike that dropped my jaw,Schwindian, are you serious that bike rocks!!! Flexliner very cool Spaceliner, I could go on but I have to go to work, keep on my brothers of spokes and rust.....out!!!

Thanks GSC, to be on top of that 3rd vote list makes me feel pretty good. :D
I wanted to vote for Mofaux too, but being the runaway possible winner changed my mind. Fordsnake, you didn't get my vote, but your bike is the best and deserves the win. Kudos.

Well, the house is now gettin' cleaned and things are getting back to normal. Sidehacked! was a bit overly ambitous and basicly consumed the summer. Next year it'll be a Jake Sensi style build, just as Ratty as I can make it. It may not be on the Chinese calender, but next year is the year of the RAT.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Thanks to everyone who voted for the Hot Rod Deluxe! 8) Just two more votes to make it to double digits...c'mon people!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I really liked Hot Rod Deluxe. 8)

Thank you to everyone who voted for Schwindian. And thanks to everyone who thinks its cool but didn't make the cut for voting. And thanks to RatRod for putting this whole thing on. I am already starting to scribble up ideas for the next one. We had a lot of fun building and watching all the rubbernecking around the neighborhood. Take care everyone.

EastOfEastLos said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

I really liked Hot Rod Deluxe. 8)

Thanks, I liked your bike too :wink: The tank was amazing!! :mrgreen:

In the spirit of everyone's posts, I also want to say thanks to the 4 folks that voted for my BonniRocket. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope it'd do better, but let's face it - there are some fantastic bikes that were built this year. The bar is pushed upwards again, and the best bikes get the votes. So, I'm happy that even those folks thought my build was worth considering. At the end of the day, I've got a cool bike to continue to tinker with and develop, one that isn't another like anywhere.

Now I'm thinking that, as salt flat cars often are accompanied by a shop truck of some sort that not only towed them out to the flats, but also serve as a push truck to get them rolling at the beginning of a run (due to tall gearing), I need to build a matching cycletruck of some sort. Maybe a "push trike". :mrgreen:

There are alot of sweet bikes in this build off. Good luck to all and congrats on creating such works of art.

expjawa said:
In the spirit of everyone's posts, I also want to say thanks to the 4 folks that voted for my BonniRocket. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope it'd do better, but let's face it - there are some fantastic bikes that were built this year. The bar is pushed upwards again, and the best bikes get the votes. So, I'm happy that even those folks thought my build was worth considering. At the end of the day, I've got a cool bike to continue to tinker with and develop, one that isn't another like anywhere.

Now I'm thinking that, as salt flat cars often are accompanied by a shop truck of some sort that not only towed them out to the flats, but also serve as a push truck to get them rolling at the beginning of a run (due to tall gearing), I need to build a matching cycletruck of some sort. Maybe a "push trike". :mrgreen:

Bonnirocket was soooo near my top! She was something like number 5. Great job on that bike.

Great job guys, you sure made it hard to only pick 3 bikes. Best of Luck.
Kenny

raggedjim said:
Well, it was great being in the 10 while it lasted!

Thanks to all who voted regardless where your votes went!

Rg

Man, it would be a total shame if your bike wasn't at least top 10. I mean it is certainly one of my favorites.

I think it is interesting to see the votes and compare them to my list. I haven't voted yet and I haven't fully decided on my top three, but my favorite bike in the build off is the Seminole. I think it is darn near the perfect "rat" bike. That is one bike I would love to call my own! The patina is perfect, the headbadge is awesome, I love the wheels, the stance, the seat, etc.

Thanks again to everyone who has voted or plans to vote for the Hot Rod Higgins. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am that people are voting for it. It is a great feeling and certainly humbling to do well considering these bikes are built by some of the top rat bike builders on the planet.

Houndog, thanx. I'd like to say I had a vision for Seminole and slaved over it, but truth is, it just fell together; almost built itself.

I wish the Monark I'm doing now were as easy.

I'm super appreciative of all the votes it received. It was nice to be in the top ten for 12 hours.

This is my 1st year with RRB, and I must say the imagination and craftsmanship possessed by the artisans here is humbling. I loved going through all the finished bike pics and believe that there are no losing bikes in the bunch. That being said, I finally narrowed down to 10, which were:
'67
Boni Rocket
FlexLiner 7
Hex 53
Mosby's Raiders
Below Radar
Cherry Bomber
Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike
MoFaux
Strait Steal

after much deliberation and saying to myself "this one is too cool" and "that is so imaginative", I decided to vote for the three bikes that I wanted to own and ride around town.......... '67, FlexLiner 7, and Mosby's Raiders.

I am currently trying to acquire an old, rusty, Hiawatha Drag Duster, so I hope to be able to use that frame for a build, and maybe I'll hold off until RRBO8!

Atleast I finished! And voting was very difficult. So very many amazing bikes, mine can hardly compete. But, to the winner go the spoils!

Back