Places of interest in the L.A. area??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they still race midgets and motorcycles on the Ascot dirt track in the OC. Been a few decades since I lived in that area.

Lo siento. I was travelling or overseas with the Marine Corps most of 1989-91 so I missed the Ascot closing. I did see a race at Riverside before it closed, though.

Go on the hamb forum, the same post get listed every year gor the roadster show, there the petersen automotive museum, also there is a mueseum on lairport in el segundo.

I made sure to stop ar So Cal speed shop, and Moon Equipment when I went for The Classic. Also did a ton of stops at VW shops, a lot of while doing a cruise with a bunch of other VW's with a friend that lives out there.

Next time I get out there we plan on doing some campimg with a vintage trailer group. And I intend on doing some bass fishing.

If you want to do some riding I'd recommend the Santa Monica to Venice Beach and Marina Del Rey bike path. This is the distilled essence of So Cal. Get off and walk the bike down the Venice Beach boardwalk; it is just crazy - One of the most fun afternoons to be had here. If you don't have a bike with you, you can rent a cruiser around Santa Monica Pier. Go on a Saturday, or Sunday. 100% guarantee you will come home with pictures and stories. If you want to visit a great old school Schwinn bike shop, try Dennison's Cyclery on Whittier Blvd. in East Los Angeles.

JWM

Thank you Jwm.
Already rode huntington beach a few years ago and still feel the salted air in my face. Intended to ride again but couldnt decide between huntington or santa monica. Will try santa Monica with a rental bike... Or maybe i'll find one to buy.
Thanks again.

Unfortunaly January is a bad time to come to L.A to do anything car/RRB related (Roadster Show excluded)
As was mentioned any of the bike paths from Redondo/Hermosa/Marina Del Ray up to Venice/Santa Monica are good
Since you already did Huntington Beach boardwalk you could Ride the Newport Boardwalk (Newport pier to Balboa pier) and do some sightseeing Such as the First Ruby's Diner on Balboa Pier, Go Whale Watching or a day of Fishing, & check out the famous surfing spot "the wedge"
Long beach will have their Monthly car show and swap meet on the 27th (sometimes you can find bike parts there)
http://www.longbeachhiposwapmeet.com/
Or if your looking to get new bicycle parts the Phat and Nirve warehouses are In Huntington Beach, 3G Bikes is in Long beach, and I believe Felt bicycles is now located in Irvine (a city near Newport Beach)

Latest posts

Back