planning out my first build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once the bank opens, class ends, and money is deposited to the bank, I will be ordering my frame from "TheFlyingDingo" here on the site. It's a womens german frame, and at first I wanted to keep the stock lines and have a super low ride height like Kenny P's Basura Blanco, but have messed with photoshop a bit and have come up with a new idea. I have 2 months, no money, and not much free time. It will get done though! I know nothing about bikes and how to know what parts will fit what, but I hope you guys can help. I want to run just a single speed thats easy to pedal, with no real top end to it. Just something that will get going and be stable. I'm not trying to race or mountain climb!

Here's a picture of the stock frame.
camera-gate051.jpg

Here is my idea. It uses mostly parts off the bike frame, with just a few lengths of tubing added on!
swandivecopy.jpg

I want to run a spring front, but not so sure ill be able to. If not, ill run a chopper front end, and a 20 inch wheel. Rear will be 20 as well.

I know it's not perfect, and things will more than likely change as I get going. Angles and all are not right, seat post isn't either. I want to run a banana seat, black vinyl I think. What do you guys think???

hmmm, interesting, don't know. and i build burritos,hmmm, have to think on this one

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Hey "Bump", take a look at PhantomBantam in "kids" build off. I started with a very similar frame (Bantam) only 20 in. Follow the build from the beginning. This was a very easy transformation. I'm planning to do a "full size" version soon. If you decide to give it a shot you can PM me if you need any help. :D
001-3.jpg

009.jpg

i should have stated that the pedal location is NOT where they will end up! they will be at the front horizontal brace in the frame. somewhat out front of me.

Retro:Bump said:
i should have stated that the pedal location is NOT where they will end up! they will be at the front horizontal brace in the frame. somewhat out front of me.
Did you want that bolt thing i have in there? I planned on keeping it...but i will give it to you if you need it

TheFlyingDingo said:
Retro:Bump said:
Did you want that bolt thing i have in there? I planned on keeping it...but i will give it to you if you need it

keep it. i have other plans for that crank hold ;)

Back