Please allow me to...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...introduce myself.

My name is Jimmy the Gent ;and I was raised in Silver Spring, Maryland. I currently live in Baltimore.

I just registered here two days ago,and I have a somewhat long-winded reason-but I'll keep it short:

I decided recently that I wanted to start riding a bike again.I also decided to (try to) stop smoking. After some bull sessions with my nephew; I briefly toyed with the idea of buying a Sting-Ray "like I had when I was a kid". My first bike, the one I learned to ride on, was a red Jr. Sting-Ray.....and later I inherited my brother's yellow one. (Both single-speed coaster brake models). I quickly dismissed the idea after a check on e-bay to see what they were going for.

So; imagine my surprize when I was perusing Craigslist at work-it was a really slow day, and I saw a red Sting-Ray for the whopping low pice of "make offer". This was one of those situations where I really couldn't afford it,and had no business doing it, but I called the number and just said "I'll take it" I got it for $100.00, brought it home, put air in the tires, and have been riding it ever since. (The initial call was made a little over a week ago.)

Oh,and the kicker? It's the exact same color as my first one.

Some things really are just meant to be.

I have since joined a few forms which shall go nameless; not because of their content or members, but only because they cover so much ground-and have so many members-that it's pretty overwhelming. I haven't ridden a bike on a regular basis since I was 15 or so, and I'm now 40....It's time.

I'm still at the point of deciding what exactly to do with the bike (besides riding it, of course). I have so many ideas,and none of them involve a by-the-book restoration.

That's when I found this place; and being a car guy, I realized something:

I could really get into this. 8)

Now; I want to talk to as many people as I can that are involved with it; because I'm going to keep riding for my health,for my wallet,and for my sanity.

I look forward to the fun!!!

...and the day I'm smoke-free.....

Back