Please tell me about these axle washers.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need two more, I dunno if the are common at all, or where to get them.

BMXaxlewasher.jpg

BMXwasher2.jpg

Thanks, you guys rock!!

I find them on big box store bikes, the ones I see are for either properly locating a smaller axle in a bigger dropout opening or these big ones are used to protect the fork when the bike comes with pegs.

Thankee, The ones pictured are from the front, however the rear axle is a little smaller than the dropout, a good 1/16". I don't know if that's ok? It is a Pacific Bicycles "Mongoose". I guess if I had tensioners it would be fine. It came without anything like that but it was in bad shape so it may have had them originally. I don't know anything about BMX bikes really. This one is going to be a lot better than it was though, it'll actually function like a bicycle!! :lol:

they may just be axle spacers/adapters but i thought they were a newer type of safety washer, when the nut comes loose it keeps the axle in place but if it falls out your in trouble, same as the old lawyer clips did.

The fork dropout does have an enlarged area that the washer nub? fits into, and it does function to hold the axle in until the nut is very loose, like a lawyer clip. I also have seen the marks from one on the rear dropouts, and the rear slot being a little larger than the axle I think they belong back there also. But I only have the ones from the front. If anyone knows where to find them, I've looked on Porkchop and seen nothing, on another BMX site also, can't remember which one.

If anyone knows where to find them?

Back