POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat"

I like this little build Pick. Anything new?

It might be awhile before he updates. Threading his stearer tube is quite a project.

LowpowerD said:
It might be awhile before he updates. Threading his stearer tube is quite a project.

Dave: Only have about 1/2 inch to go! Will get it finished this weekend.

Thanks Steve for your kind words!

Thanks guys for lookin, now to "coin a phrase", I better "GTB'!) :lol: Jake is gettin impatient with me & my lack of progress! :mrgreen:

How's it coming along Pick? You need to borrow my Zilla Monster? He works for bike parts. :D

Steerer tube threading is finally finished! Over 4 hours total twisting & turning, but finally there. :D

Note to self: Never, Ever use a triple tree fork again that does not come apart! :mrgreen:

Will post some pics when I really have something to show. This build is moving @ a snail's pace so far!

pick said:
Steerer tube threading is finally finished! Over 4 hours total twisting & turning, but finally there. :D

Note to self: Never, Ever use a triple tree fork again that does not come apart! :mrgreen:

Will post some pics when I really have something to show. This build is moving @ a snail's pace so far!

Yeah, if that bottom plate is welded in... keep looking.

pick said:
This build is moving @ a snail's pace so far!
Good Job on getting that threaded. 4 hours seems like alot of time now but these things seem to pay off later
These bikes are always about lessons learned. Thanks for sharing yours. And if it was easy, everybody would do it :lol:
Snail's pace is still forward :D

Thanks for the fenders man! If you need any parts or extra hands give a hollar. :D

I'll make a note of that. Speaking of a triple tree I have one at nbw that I want to pick up this weekend and put on the new bike that i have. Whatever bike it fits on gets it.

Finally got a little done today. Spent some time with the air angle grinder bringin it down to bare metal. Still have a ways to go. I've already spent more time on this frame than I did on Bad Apple & this one isn't even gettin painted. Hope to show more progress in the nxt few days.

Frame after some grinding:

pocorata2001.jpg

This is the future rat rodder I am building it for (grandson). Dang, he's almost as good lookin as his grandpa! :lol:

pocorata2002.jpg

"One small step for Pick, One giant step for mankind! :mrgreen:

So what are you doing to the Schwinn exersize bike to the right?Or is that your grinder?

Thanks Randy! So far I'm not liking the 2x4 forks & kick stand though! :lol:

Circa: That is just what's left of a cannibalized exerciser, Are you needing something off of one? If so, LMK.

Thanks for lookin guys!

pick said:
Thanks Randy! So far I'm not liking the 2x4 forks & kick stand though! :lol:

Circa: That is just what's left of a cannibalized exerciser, Are you needing something off of one? If so, LMK.

Thanks for lookin guys!

No thanks.I've got one that's hardly been used.Same color and all.I was thinking of putting a side car on it whenever I get a dog :!:

Lookin good Pick! Was nice meeting your grandson yesterday. Cool kid. After the builds are finished you and I and the boys should take a spin. 8)

Diabolical_Dork said:
Lookin good Pick! Was nice meeting your grandson yesterday. Cool kid. After the builds are finished you and I and the boys should take a spin. 8)

That would be cool bro! Let's do it! We will have to hit the Midwest Bike Fest in Haysville this year, it's a blast! 8) I guess we should get to work now huh?

pick said:
Diabolical_Dork said:

That would be cool bro! Let's do it! We will have to hit the Midwest Bike Fest in Haysville this year, it's a blast! 8) I guess we should get to work now huh?
good deal! I was there at the first one. haven't been since. seems i usually was at work :( , speaking of, as soon as my ride gets here, I'm going.

Back