Poll- How would you react to a motor bike in build off 6?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poll- How would you react to a motor bike in build off 6?

• I don't care

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Sure!

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Build it, but I wont vote for it.

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I don't think that we have any rules against motorized bikes in the new build off, but I wouldn't like to upset the community by doing one.
So, how would you guys react to a motor bike in the build off? Would you mind at all?

THanks

Sam

yoothgeye said:
We discussed this in the build-off discussion thread.

Indeed we did.
But there are not many that want to get their fingers/votes burned by speaking their minds.

This is how I see it:
The few rules we have are just so we have a simple and fair competition for all.
If you want to build a motorbike, BUILD a motorbike. It's going to be YOUR bike. Build it how you want it to be.
I just don't get the urge one has to enter a motorbike into a competition and compete with the other 157 entries that are just bicycles-trying-to-look-like-motorbikes.

Good luck.

I wish RRBs would do a "FULL" kustom buildoff---maybe in the fall each year.
I do like the consept of the Rat build off where everybody has a chance to build a bike and winn,the simple rules used do level the field.
but also--I'd like to do more mods than the rules allow. Motors/kustom made frames/chopped frames/power coat etc(no rules!)

frameteam2003 said:
I wish RRBs would do a "FULL" kustom buildoff---maybe in the fall each year.
I do like the consept of the Rat build off where everybody has a chance to build a bike and winn,the simple rules used do level the field.
but also--I'd like to do more mods than the rules allow. Motors/kustom made frames/chopped frames/power coat etc(no rules!)

Those are called 'ANYTHING GOES build-offs' on this forum and are there for those who feel restricted by the regular build-off. Bikes with motors can enter, but also burito's, stretched customs, full customs, scratchbuild frames, professional paintjobs, OCC-style theme-builds :wink: etc etc...

herr_rudolf said:
yoothgeye said:
We discussed this in the build-off discussion thread.

Indeed we did.
But there are not many that want to get their fingers/votes burned by speaking their minds.

This is how I see it:
The few rules we have are just so we have a simple and fair competition for all.
If you want to build a motorbike, BUILD a motorbike. It's going to be YOUR bike. Build it how you want it to be.
I just don't get the urge one has to enter a motorbike into a competition and compete with the other 157 entries that are just bicycles-trying-to-look-like-motorbikes.

Good luck.
Thanks, and good points made.. And I'm probably going to not build a motor bike

If your wish to enter the competition is stronger then your wish to build a motorized bike ...go compete. (And maybe do what aka_locojoe says: Add a motor after the build.)

If your wish to have a motorized bike is stronger than the wish to compete, build the bike with the motorfrom the start, but just don't enter it in this competition. Remember: You're building the bike for yourself and to have fun in the first place. It would be a shame if you end up with a bike you're not completely happy with.

There are lot's of guys wanting to go one or more steps further in bikebuilding so I vote for 'more often anything goes' build-offs'.
Oh, and I think a build-off for motorizedbikes only would be totally awesome.
8)

Back