pope bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello im new to the site and i need some help i got this bike for free from a friend and need to know around how old it is, is it a reproduction or original, the headbadge says pope its very faint but you can see it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

30svrjp.jpg

wv7qy8.jpg

2s7f8za.jpg

Tank, springer, and what looks like a shifter from a New Departure 2-speed. Cool chainguard. I don't know much about this bike but I'd say it's a really cool project bike. That "atomic" decal on the tank makes me think it's a late 50's or early 60's. That was the "rocket era" with bikes. Gary

Awsome thx ive looked around and found some columia bikes with the same springers and chainguard etc but i have yet too see one with the same decals and the same pope headbadge but ya im lookin forward to get started on this thx again

Alright i did some diggin and found the serial number on the rear dropout so i looked through columbia serial numbers and found one that dated it 1949 so i compared it to a picture of a 49 columbia superb and it looks almost exactly the same aside from the decals but the chainguard, tank, forks and frame are all the same so my question is would all columbia built bikes use the same serial numbers or just the one labeled "columbia" thx for all the help

I'm not quite sold on the tank. It seems to fit strangely up at the nose and rides up along the top bar. It does look exactly like the angled style of Columbia tank though so I have no solid verdict. Awesome bike though! You could have probably talked the price down some though :wink:

Here's a Columbia badged '49
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7272472

Cool i guess its good being the ONLY bike fanatic in my town i usualy build lowrider bikes but i could not pass this one up its just too cool ive had this sittin around for months and couldnt find much out about it now im excited about getting started on it i just need to find some stuff for it im missing the stem and bars a back fender i have the seatpan but its missing everything from it and i need og wheels and the cable and some other odds and ends but it should be fun and thx to everyone the knowledge is appreciated

Latest posts

Back