popping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pedal is probably slightly bent. or you need to remove the end cap and see if you can adjust the nut tighter. Lube them while you are in there.

I changed out my pedals when that happened. It was still there, it was the chain that was making the noise.

Wildcat said:
I changed out my pedals when that happened. It was still there, it was the chain that was making the noise.
Find the tight spot in your chain drive by pedaling by hand w/the bike upside-down or in a stand while watching and feeling the chain. Pull the wheel back so the chain LOOKS taught, but don't pull hard, and snug up the sprocket side nut. Alighn wheel and tighten other side. If you have super cheap non-bearing plastic pedals, oh well you're done, or toss 'em. Still "poppin'"? Your pedals should spin freely round and round. Adjustable shaft pedals should be rattle-free, but not if it causes any binding. If they are bent, they will need to be a little loose. Stamped pedals can sometimes be tightened, but if they spin well, it's not worth the trouble. STILL poppin' ?! :? Checked your crank bearings anytime recently? :x

Back