Possible pre war cruiser bike, help ID plz!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i just bought this bike today and i have no idea as to what it is, underneath the crank the serial number is E93512 and on the crank itself it says 7630 B, while on the other side of the crank it says either 9 or 6 with what looks to be a small square. If this link doesnt work just copy into URL bar, thanks

http://s1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/cruiserdude94/

Great start for a bike. Leaves a lot of directions to take it in. This would be a CWC-built bike and looks to be late prewar, '39-41 due to the curved downtube while still retaining the integrated dropstand tangs on the dropouts. This I believe,at least.

I've been trying to help him identify this bike over the phone, but I really only know schwinns. I would however like to point out the head badge screws are horizontal vs the usuall vertical. I'm sure this may help narrow down the brand.

Thanks, Jon

Cleveland welding frame, you could turn it into almost anything. One of the most widely used frames id say, exelent base for any kind of a build :D

these are my favorite... you can do so much. here is how I found my 46 cwc

2-2.jpg

and turned it into this... for now

donefornow_zps64f40f25.jpg

With horizontal badge mounting, and that particular chainring, this is most likely a Montgomery Ward's Hawthorne, made by CWC. -Adam

Back