Post your motor and non-motored Boardtrack bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buckchocolate said:
my first racer...not done yet...1930s Colson...
cols3.jpg
so we can admire it twice 8)

DSC03073-vi.jpg

DSC03056-vi.jpg

DSC03043-vi.jpg

I built this one..."Texaco Motor-Bike" like a real Board Tracker,no extras,who needs brakes? It does have a Coaster...lol.I wanted it to weight as little as possible.Frame is an old USA Huffy...they have a fork tube that will accept the Felt 1 1/8 threadless headset and "Slater" Abraham Springer front end.I built the saddle from sheet metal and real leather with 1/4 foam padding.Engine is the Grubee Skyhawk 80cc 2-stroke,SBP Expansion chamber,LuftWulf rear axle extensions...It has a new owner in Miami that rides it around the warehouse yard mostly.

Heres a 20 inch kids bike. Started as a girls purple lowrider bike from walmart...
Played for a day and put this boardtrack like kiddo bike together for fun.
Has a lot of diff style elements, kept the fenders for kid safety ect so a mixed up boardtracker. First mini build, let me know what ya think

attachment.php

Just love the BTR`S .I get a lot of funny looks when riding this thing and thumbs up from guys on motorcycles as well! :roll:
rat2.jpg

rat1.jpg

Murray Mercury with fake patina!!

Here is another one I have in the works right now. Honda clone four stroke, Sportsman Flyer frame called the "Sportsman 200" because it has around 200cc displacement. Custom drive system to look like a vintage boardie. Sportsman Flyer boardie bars and seat, Felt Abraham forks converted to 1" threaded steer tube. Aluminum Worksman wheels anodized black with custom quick change rear split sprocket system. This one is really gonna fly!

Sportsman 200 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Sportscarpat the vertical placement of the honda clone looks awesome. does it look like there will be no oil problems? Do you just have to put a little less oil in so crank is not submerged? Very nice site you have by the way.

XC204 said:
Sportscarpat the vertical placement of the honda clone looks awesome. does it look like there will be no oil problems? Do you just have to put a little less oil in so crank is not submerged? Very nice site you have by the way.

Hi XC204,
I am actually late in the game with running the cylinder vertical. There are a few guys on the Motorbike forum that paved the way, with one that has over 2500 miles on his build. At the higher rpm's it's more about oil control than starvation. The top end gets plenty of oil. Just finished the intake manifold and started the exhaust.

Here is the bottom bracket assembly with reduction hub.

dogdart said:
^nice^ :D I've got a crappy pic also :wink:
005-6.jpg
Hey Dog, tell me about that sprocket.I had a chrome Amf ladies bike when I first got the bug with the old stuff at least 20 + years ago,had the same sprocket and I held onto it forever but don't know where it went(sprocket not the bike)Thanx Ric.

Back