SWB0 Practical steel bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stripped frame have to wait for new wire wheel
IMG_20240113_112737956.jpg

Something about lugs
IMG_20240113_112756337.jpg
IMG_20240113_112744608.jpg

Well after stripping the bike and bringing the wife down to show her my work I was informed there will be no spraypainting in the house basement or not especially not with a strong auto motive paint ☹️ so time for a plan b first need polish these to mirror
IMG_20240119_153846383.jpg

And then the frame to 800 grit and this
gun_blue_1_IMG_5180.jpg

Well after stripping the bike and bringing the wife down to show her my work I was informed there will be no spraypainting in the house basement or not especially not with a strong auto motive paint
You know the rule about "happy wife"...
Winter build offs are so tricky. Lugs already look great

You know the rule about "happy wife"...
Winter build offs are so tricky. Lugs already look great
Same here... maybe that is why I am thinking about a bare metal build too :rofl:

But can you clear coat the fork? Or will you use some sort of wax / boiled linseed oil?

That would be a great product idea:
"Odourless spray paint - By Mackie's angry wife"
I made that name up

:thumbsup:

Same here... maybe that is why I am thinking about a bare metal build too :rofl:

But can you clear coat the fork? Or will you use some sort of wax / boiled linseed oil?

I made that name up

AFAIK Molotow (german brand) has acrylic spray paint that is almost odorless...

AFAIK Molotow (german brand) has acrylic spray paint that is almost odorless...
Wow, I will certainly check that out, danke!
My wife has a very good nose. I need to spray in a wind tunnel with a Pratt & Whitney F100/220 engine to not get noticed :grin:

I had thought of something similar was going to a fan from work we use when we break up Asbestos would have sucked everything right out the window but you know once the foot has been placed firmly down no convincing other wise and really if you have ever followed any of my builds you know she's been more than patient 😄. Not so bad bad I think this is much cooler than the paint.

I made that name up

Shark hide
IMG_4603_600x.jpg

Pricy but works awesome

I really like that you’re doing the bluing compound. I’ve wanted to try that on a lugged frame with polished lugs and BLO. Looks really good so far!

I really like that you’re doing the bluing compound. I’ve wanted to try that on a lugged frame with polished lugs and BLO. Looks really good so far!
I've always wanted to try it stuff goes surprisingly far

Latest posts

Back