Pre-War Hawthorne Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike looks really good ....wife did an excellent job on the seat....hummmm now where did I leave my wife??? :roll: :roll:

I'de use the bridgport , a rotory table & a 5/16 carbide 4 tluted end mill .....

Thats just me ... I know , how crude lol.

Re: Pre-War Hawthorne Trike new pics 2/1/09

I got to work on the cooler/toolbox/bench seat base this weekend. 16x19x17 pine box that has been "vintaged" with a die grinder. I added a sweet label and some Zar stain. Now all I need is for the wife to finish up on the seat that'll act as a lid.

S7300231.jpg

S7300230.jpg

Re: Pre-War Hawthorne Trike UPDATED 2/10/09

OK everyone, the warm weather in Michigan prompted some work this weekend. I finished the toolbox/cooler/seat. Now all I need to do is clean up the wheels, fenders and bolt it all together.

Here's the box with the lid. It should hold my twin sons, it'll get a cushion and some form of seatbelt added once it gets the hinges and latches added.

S7300258.jpg

My wife was the model for my pretty lady stencil... what do you think?

S7300259.jpg

it's funny, I rarely work with wood, and this box/bench turned out with square corners..only for me to use a die grinder and jig saw to make it look old and ratty.

enjoy the updates, and leave comments / tips.

Thanks!

Flames added! Pre-War Hawthorne Trike

It's been a long time since I posted...but I finally made some progress. I picked up some 3/16" plasma cut flames from Speedcult Detroit while checking out the Rat Rods displayed at Autorama. They sell this stuff for $10/pound, all kinds of random bits and pieces. This year I brought a template in my back pocket, so I knew which pieces would fit the bike. I just finished tacking these in place. What do you think?

S7300741.jpg

S7300744.jpg

Those flames are COOL!!!

What wheels/tires are you running on your trike? I have a Huffy trike with skinny wheels/tires that I want to replace, but not sure what the replacement size should be.

Thanks.

Cool build, I like it!! :D The flames are a nice detail! Will they be the same colour as the rest of the bike or do you have a different colour in mind for them?

Back