Pre-War Hiawatha w/ Skyway Mags & Fatti-O's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a pre-war hiawatha frame from RRB member "2manybikes" and put it together. Eventually I would like to paint it but for now I am going to rat it out, summer has already started I need to cruise at the beach. Still need to install bars, chainring, chain, etc. only have cell pic. will be uploading better pics

bike.jpg

Looking good John, I'm glad to see the tires actually fit. I really like those skyways with the FattiOs. Now I have to add one more thing to my wish list :roll:

Re: Pre-War Hiawatha w/ Skyway Mags & Fatti-O's update

Decided to sand the bike down. Put it together to ride for the holiday weekend. rides really solid. need a better stem and maybe a half link chain but it rides fine as is. still have a lot of sanding polishing to do

bike-01.jpg

bike-02.jpg

bike-03.jpg

bike-04.jpg

bike-05.jpg

brandonehansen said:
More info on the wheels? Those are amazing

the wheels are skyway 24" with sealed hubs, bought from dan's comp $99.00 for set. I like the way spoked rims look on cruisers better, but I just had to have skyways. I grew up in the 80's during the hayday of BMX and never owned a pair but always liked the way they looked.

Unfortunately my bike has been stolen from my garage. Just before I could put on my new stem, chain or even name it. So i have decided to name the bike Gone With The Wind.

Fortunately enough I have a spare frame and also wheels have been donated for my grieving/lesson learned build.

Oh No! That makes me sad, I really liked this bike. I hope you have some luck finding it. Very frustrating when your stuff is taken. Even in Chicago, probably far from you, I will still keep my eyes :shock: for any signs of this bike. As hard as it is for me to say this, it's just a bike/material object though. But as simple as that is to say, there is so much that goes into building them so its like losing a small piece of you. I just feel like you have to know bikes/property will be admired to much by someone and eventually finds it way to someone else, so practicing a bit of separation makes the sting slightly less intrusive. Slightly, mind you. Stay up man.

my lbs just ordered me a set of 24 inch skyways, man are they expensive. i fell in love with your bike and i am steeling your idea for my roadmaster.

sorry to hear about the theft. the more i read these forums the more i aprreciate living in a small town.

This is a great bike, I love it. It's up there for me with Hooch's old LaSalle, has me looking at Skyway 24" mags on ebay...yikes.
:shock:

Those dirt bags. Kinda makes me hope you forgot to tighten some bolts. Glad to see your moving forward.

Back