Pre-War Shelby Klunker???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obtained this powder coated wall hanger frame and fork. It had not been built up since being coated. Has some scuffs from being handled over the years. Not really sure of year or original appearance.
Parts consist of close out Electra CB wheel set, Maxxis Hookworm 26"x2.5" tires, 40's Schwinn stem and repo bars from a Schwinn tandem, Origin8 grips, Sunlite bottom bracket, Schwinn square taper crankset, Specialized World pedals, Brooks saddle, Sunlite seat post.
yjegudar.jpg
e8apu9eq.jpg
u6yge5eq.jpg
yvu2enuj.jpg

Daylight shots
u8abazad.jpg
ty4a5eny.jpg
y8a4abu5.jpg

..be careful, shelby frames of that time period were made out of poor quality steel (high brass content or something, nickinator told me once) I've got an identical frame, and mine is cracked.

Yours might be different, but if you don't bomb the trails too aggressively, you should be okay :mrgreen: . It looks sick by the way, the green rims really pop.on there!

Ccd

charliechaindrive said:
..be careful, shelby frames of that time period were made out of poor quality steel (high brass content or something, nickinator told me once) I've got an identical frame, and mine is cracked.

Yours might be different, but if you don't bomb the trails too aggressively, you should be okay :mrgreen: . It looks sick by the way, the green rims really pop.on there!

Ccd
Thanks for the heads up. It may never see a trail without gears. Where did your frame break?

Very nice job.
Kenny

that looks ACE,
simple,clean,great colour choices and those pedals are something else too!
Bryan

MazdaFlyer said:
charliechaindrive said:

Ccd
Thanks for the heads up. It may never see a trail without gears. Where did your frame break?
Mine cracked atv the seat tube/bb junction. eventually I'd like to restore mine, so I think I'll just learn to braze and attempt to repair it

Ccd

MR TIKI said:
that looks ACE,
simple,clean,great colour choices and those pedals are something else too!
Bryan
Thanks, got three pair of the pedals a few years back as close outs from a Specialized shop. Tried to look for them on web, they were either called World or Globe. They didn't show up...

MplsCoaster said:
Looks like a clean and classy rider
Hey thanks. Added a couple of finishing touches...there is another thread about bikes in the house. This one is Inside for a while.
7ubavapu.jpg
u4e6adab.jpg
amurusa5.jpg

New "fat tire" head badge, think it is suppose to have a Shelby Supreme badge.
9a8ejere.jpg

Also added New Belgium valve caps, bell and blinky light.

Back