pre war Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hllo, I am new.Just purchased an old brass badge bike with curved fender stays,dog leg rt. Crank arm, it looks like a Monark. Morrow rear hub,serial number C5 1732. Any ideas on age of this bicycle ? Thanks

Pic's? There is a letter followed by a number on the hub ( "G3" for instance) which would translate to 3rd quarter of 1937. This could be a ballpark of the year if wheels are og. The letter is the year A=1931, b=32 .......
Post pics of the bike for more detailed info.

Thanks for your response. On theMorrow hub is stamped P1 followed by 36. 13. I am mighty sure the wheel is original. The bike has an aluminum chain guard with progressively larger to smaller front to back round holes drilled that looks original. I will try to get some pics on. Thanks again

Addendum. After researching the morrow date codes I'm convinced it's not the original wheel. It's my understanding that the curved fender stays are 1937 or before but they may not be original either. Hmmm the mystery continues.

I have a 46 roadmaster (CWC) with curved fender braces. I think they were used for a few more year.

Latest posts

Back