PREWAR DX Bulleit Burbon Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this bike up in 2014. Wanted to build a custom Prewar but start with a bike that was not so nice that i felt like restoring it. This bike was perfect fit.
00o0o_ddqpidse3a9_600x450-jpg.130901

the fork was a chopped girls fork so i bought a period correct springer.
It was originaly black and white before the goofy paint job.
20140130_165631-1-jpg.134963

Well its been a while since i bought it in 201. It got put on the back burner when my wife got pregnant and I did a bunch of house projects. But a month ago i found a fork for this bike and it inspired me to get it done. So I had done a little work awhile back to the tank like this.

After i picked up a autocycle? fork with original paint i decided to stick with that color for the frame. I have been drinking whiskey lately and my go to bottle has been Bulleit burbon. I like the orange on the lable so i decide that was going to be the theme of the bike. Painted and destressed the tank.

Added the brand logo.

While I had the tank off i cleaned up the horn and got it working again. The guts on the fender light are rotted out bad. Im going to replace it with a new battery pack and LED light.
I wanted a vintage looking wood crate for the back so i cut up some pine and mad a box.

After that i finished painting the bike, distressed the box and added branding to it also. Im going to re cover the seat next but i think its pretty much done.

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/thepanman99/media/IMG_20160426_142454_zpsge5ildhg.jpg.html

Back