Prewar Elgin ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I found this bike at a antique shop today. I believe it might be a prewar Elgin. They repainted it not very good. I think it was green/cream at one time. It looks to be almost complete. The pedals say western flyer. As you can see one pedal has a extention on it...lol The bike pedals but doesn't move. Just freewheels or goes around. The reflectors in the grips and stablizers are glass. The rims look like they were maroon or red at one time. Tires are new. Funny reflector added to the seat but will just unbolt. Any help with what I have is much appreciated.

Cool find. This will be a Westfield built Elgin and the F code puts it at 1941. Fenders look to be universal Wald replacements, fork and chainguard are incorrect (fork is maybe Rollfast and guard is Huffman) but it's a complete bike with most else correct or period correct. Few would pick this out and nothing looks out of place since everything is from the same era.

Go through it with fresh grease and she should come back to life! Good luck.

Latest posts

Back