Price of powder coating?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had both my Ruff Porucho Frame and my Kahaki Baron frame sandblasted and powdercoated for around $100-115. I'm happy with the results, and my next project is headed to the same people.

Pretty much Migs has Discribed it as best as you can . My Friends dad sold the equipemnt covering this tri state area and i offten went on sales calls and repair calls with him on weekends . I was able to see huge industrial set ups as well as smaller job shops . And at that time the home powder coating system from eastwood or horbor frieght was not available . Powder colors can range in pricing on whats on hand and what has to be ordered .
Prep is a big part of your cost as mentioned above .

Thought I'd drop $.02 on the subject...
My blast guy and powder coater are located right near each other. Had my Worksman RS, blasted and powder coated for about $140, that was metallic and included the forks. What I found that seems to go a long way... "Hey man, no hurry at all..." and don't plan on bothering them for like two weeks, it's saved me $10-20 here and there. It must be a nice change of pace for them over the usual, "I need it tomorrow.." line.

Only one jobber that powder coats for 175 miles radius here. $100 for blasting and coating. I am glad to see it is in the ball park. They located and started their coating business next door to a manufacture of logging equipment and originally only contracted with them but the logging equipment factory moved to someplace else, I think Finland. They laid off most of their employees and have been struggling for about 10 years. They do good work. They are about 75 miles one way from me, the next closest is 175 miles away, one way.

Back