Princess Harry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so heres the official entry in catergory 1 from the "son Of Kradus Garage"
So perfectly named because this is a girls bike so it will inherit "princess" the name "Harry" is used because this is going to be a SPARE bike, one for the mrs or daughters if we all wanna go riding, so thats why it inherits the name "Harry" coz its never gonna be number 1 in the rack its only ever gonna be a spare!
Ive also decided i'll retain the black color because "Harry is the black sheep of his fam!
There will be no sourced parts from outside the shed, this build has to be cheap...Dirt Cheap!!! this foots the bill too coz compared to what he could of pulled out of this world he ended up with a cheap actor! (ok ok that was low sorry sorry, just a joke) :21:
anyway heres "princess harry's" homecoming pics
PXL_20230628_034652767.jpg

Im digging her forks, ive not had a bike with these styled fork, A BMX tube to the dropout but with the bend too, cool, shes a tuffy! and just like Harry's nana Elizabeth, tuff as nails, God bless her soul!
PXL_20230628_034740861.jpg

She's had a touch up and I mean a real touch up from a useless owner in the past! this sort of paint job Has a deadset "steer clear this bike is stolen" vibe to it, looks to have been white but then hurridly painted with a cheap rattler with absolutely no masking anywhere! this did however come from a council thrift shop with receipt to boot so I know they check numbers before selling! she's rough but clean if ya know what I mean!
PXL_20230628_034930703.jpg

Im also diggen her rust! Gonna try n save this rusty look, any tips how to do this would be greatly welcomed! would I lightly sand with 1000 wet n dry then clear, or is there a product to use etc! maybe its as simple as coat it with diesle I just dont know! but what I do know is Harry has an uncle named Andrew who is ...well burnt out and old n rusty if you like, taped up and just holdin together after all the lies n deceit LOL! just like those hand grips ha ha !.... but please seriously, I am a royals fan, always have been!
PXL_20230628_034834998.jpg

Last edited:
this build has to be cheap...Dirt Cheap!!! this foots the bill too coz compared to what he could of pulled out of this world he ended up with a cheap actor! (ok ok that was low sorry sorry, just a joke) :21:
anyway heres "princess harry's" homecoming pics

Seems like Margaret should have a roll here somewhere? Always pushed aside. 😂

Lotta testosterone in here.

Scrounged up some parts from within! Im gonna go with a black crank, replacing the old silver one!
some better brakes, red grips off my personal ride that needs attention, and some cool pedals that were hiding but were spotted!
she gets a nicer seat post clamp and a post thats well.... better! nothing new on this bike just hand me downs, get the drift LOL!
PXL_20230629_013421339.jpg

I heard this from an extremely reliable source (Sun newspaper) that harry used to sneak out and get about London at night frequenting clubs n bars etc, this require's super stealth and nothing is stealthier at night than absolute ZERO reflector's, hence the black crank too LOL!
all have been removed!
thats it for today, tomorrow i'll start pulling her apart and clean up her skeleton a bit!
PXL_20230629_015104526.jpg

LOL.. for the record, a "Topunder Coat " is the... sand back, and then paint , then watch! and thats it, nothin fancy just a take it or leave it approach but i do specify to people who are fortunate get close up for a hands on look.... "please dont get too close" if ya get it right and your prep is good enough it will trick some of the best until.... they get too close LOL.
so yesterday I painted the frame, It went fantastic, until late in the afternoon when I had a RIGHT ROYAL BLUNDER! I took it off the kids old swingset AKA the drying rack, and stupidly knocked the very bottom of the frame as I moved away, as I lifted the hook up to see how bad the damage was the frame began to slide on the hook and ive grabbed the frame with my free hand, thinking it was dropping, the grab on the frame left fingerprints all over it GRrrrr! After hours in the sun the paint is good to touch dry but hot hardened, that takes at least a couple days or more.
PXL_20230630_223053058.jpg

So this morning I had to go get another can of ....."Cheap" rattler paint and re-doo the frame!
came out Hmmmm ok but not stand out , this is just hammertone Black. where I had problems was I kept getting overspray from one side to the other spoiling the good gloss from the opposite side of the frame, I got it as good as I could but it did pose a significant problem if this was to be a competitive show bike or similar, it was the fiddliest painting ive had to do and it should of been simple, I did learn a bit though as in the direction you start and finish etc, that helped!
PXL_20230630_230049618.jpg

I should also state this is the first bike ive actually removed the bearing cups to paint the frame, usually I leave em in and tape them up! but after hanging with you lot on this forum I built up the courage to punch em out and paint it properly, well sort of properly, I am using "Topunder Coat" after all LOL. but I was careful to not damage or dent the old cup that , to my surprise were dry but relativley unused, as in all together, none fell out! and not worn.
PXL_20230630_230139633.jpg

spent the day prepping the smalls, ,polished everything, Did I mention this came from the Orient, I polished the bearing cups so hard I went through the cheap chrome! Grrrrr another lesson!
with the bars I only polished the un-rusted areas, the rusty bits got an, ever so light, polish just to remove the loose surface rust! I need to retain the high point rust on the bars as this signifies Harry's hair! (Red) theres also a bit of rust left on the cranks and this is intended to resemble his "Leg Hair" (again Red) the brake lever and sprocket came up good but in True Harry style we had another....."Right Royal Blunder" Must of spent a good half hour on that seat post clamp only to find it didnt even fit... too big!:rofl:

PXL_20230701_061751624.jpg

Fun build! Glad to hear there is going to be some royal ginger in the mix.

. . . I need to retain the high point rust on the bars as this signifies Harry's hair! (Red) theres also a bit of rust left on the cranks and this is intended to resemble his "Leg Hair" (again Red) . . .

I’m trying now to imagine how you will pay homage to the ginger prince’s withered todger.

I’m trying now to imagine how you will pay homage to the ginger prince’s withered todger.
OMG your in for a treat!
put princess Harry together last night!, took her for a test run yesterday, passed with flying british flags !
this was always intended to be a quick fun build and I think it was just over a week ago I picked her up from the thrift shop for a whopping $10, she only had no air, not even punctured!
she turned out one of the cleanest looking bikes ive done so far, I actually enjoyed the 3-4 hr polishing process on the crank and stem etc, they came up great! I did have plans to further modify this bike after the build off but after riding it the things just too dang good to chop! feels real solid and its not a heavy thing! Im quite impressed at its ride and at how it came up! aside from the $14 rattler can its a Ten Buck bomb really so happy days bro!
PXL_20230702_022558962.jpg

PXL_20230702_022720355.jpg

PXL_20230702_022827259.jpg

As said I enjoyed polishing this so much I even done the stand.... well as best I could without pulling the thing apart!
PXL_20230702_023828783.jpg

Front Sprocket n cranks came up great too..... Yes Yes "ROYAL BLUNDER" #4 when installing the crank and greasing etc I had the crank in, as I turned to grab the other bearing it began to slide out, once again I turn, I grab the crank before it falls right out and in doing so hit the frame hard with the sprocket! theres a big chip out of the paint right behind the sprocket, Grrrrrrrr Bloody harry! and Yes the chain and crank rust is signalling harry's "leg Hair"

PXL_20230702_023733829.jpg

So the Bars have his head hair!

PXL_20230702_222343641.jpg

The lower bars are intended to be his "Eyebrow's" and the rusty fork/ headset nuts there well that is his "moustache/Goatee"

PXL_20230702_222435457.jpg

The chest hair is given to the front brakes, dont they look masculine!

PXL_20230702_221947870.jpg

And last of all the front wheel hub has the most breutiful red rusty look...... that is signifying the Hair that hides the.... "CROWN JEWEL'S + ROYAL SCEPTER"
PXL_20230702_222040419.jpg

Thanks to all who followed, I had a ball...Oooooop's did I just say that!

Latest posts

Back