pro rotary 30cc remodel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

change to chain drive? or remain hub drive?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 30cc pro rotary lady bike.hub driven and runs at 24 to 30mph ..i need your comments weather it will be ideal to transfer the location of the engine from the rear to the middle part of the frame and thus changing it from hub driven to chain..i am not contented with its speed and i believe that it can go faster....

this is my bike....
Image2391.jpg

Image2390.jpg

Image2389.jpg

i turbo the exhaust...somehow it added few more power
Image2388.jpg

all of your comment and suggestions will be appreciated..thank you

I can't think of a single benefit that could come from moving the engine to the frame, only problems. If your plan was to use a chain to increase gearing, I would forget about that idea. I would tinker with the exhaust, carb, and timing before playing with the gearing. Trying to gear it higher may actually end up making the bike slower if it ends up taking the engine out of its power band.

for additional information about the engine..here is what i have found on the net....

http://www.rotarybike.com/downloads/motor_output.pdf

all i know is that the engine may lack numbers in terms of rpm and power but has the advantage of having a high torque..high torque means i can mount a large crank gear at the drive shaft and chain a small cassette at the rear wheel..with no load, the engine runs at a maximum 210rmp...can anyone give a good combination of gear that i can use?..

mos6502 said:
I can't think of a single benefit that could come from moving the engine to the frame, only problems. If your plan was to use a chain to increase gearing, I would forget about that idea. I would tinker with the exhaust, carb, and timing before playing with the gearing. Trying to gear it higher may actually end up making the bike slower if it ends up taking the engine out of its power band.

i'm done with the exhaust and its carb..it added a bit but still not enough...with the timing i guess i'll have to leave it as it used to be..i have been planning this for years...i have two sets this engine kit and i just want to try to compare the difference of having the engine to the main frame instead of putting it on the rear.....i have also researched this on the net and found out that it has never been done before....thank you for your comment....

Where it is gives a good low center of gravity, and it was built and designed to work there, so I would leave it there. It also is only 30cc, so 24-30mph might be all it can do without wearing it out.

Your question is actually 2 questions, so the poll won't work.

Back