PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER - update 9/03

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER

Rat Rod said:
The sad part is...I would have bought it. :lol:

Send him the $30 bucks :mrgreen:

Are you kidding me...Hooch is up to his eyeballs in bike flipping money. :D

I didn't know they made a stencil for the S. I'll have to give them a call, I tried to paint it by hand with poor results.

Once a upon a time, maybe 30 yrs ago, I put a painted plastic "S" seat back on a 20" Hollywood I refurbished. Beyond that, I've always seen them as a source of clamps and bolts. :p :lol:

Okay...got the kiddos in bed and headed out to that oven I call a garage.

Picked up a pair of new Kenda S-6 tires and some tubes today at the LBS.

I pulled the original tires and tubes off and I was shocked...no rust in the inside of the rims. :shock:

DSC_0003-3.jpg

I also decided to wash the frame real quick and I went real easy on the decals with my washing mitt and some dish soap.

To my pleasant surprise, every bit of the yellowing washed right off and all of the decals came out bright white and intact...whew!!!

When I end up waxing the frame I'm definitely staying away from the decals.

DSC_0007-3.jpg

Also, thought I'd show a shot of the BB hanger as it was when I pulled the crank and bearings....this thing is insane.

I'm starting to wonder if it was actually ever ridden.

If you look close at the bottom of the seat where it connects to the BB hanger you'll see where they missed some top coat.

DSC_0010-2.jpg

Rat Rod said:
If you look close at the bottom of the seat where it connects to the BB hanger you'll see where they missed some top coat.

DSC_0010-2.jpg

No way ! I wouldn't accept that on a new bike, I would go back to where you bought it Steve and file a complaint :mrgreen: awesome state !

Re: PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER - update 7/21

Skip...you do realize we are having a "Racer Clean Off" don't you.....ha ha!

Winner gets a new bag of 0000 steel wool and a can of WD40. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HA!! you win. I didn't pop any cups out,

finished mine last night. and went for a ride. what a nice bike. Neighbors: "Another bike!?!?!" I am foregoing the search for a blue S seat. Bike will hit eBay Friday.

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: I can't believe how good that's cleaning up 8)

Wow Steve, everything is coming out way better than I ever dreamed, but you really know what you are doing!

I'm glad I wrapped the top decals and didn't take a chance on damaging then on the bike carrier.

If you want to return it due to the crappy paint job near the BB, remember I always want my customers to be happy, just let me know.... money back guarantee...sincere apologies, etc....... ha ha! :D :D :D

I took the CWC for a spin last night to play with the gears. I had a blast, it is a good rider. I am really torn about what to do with it, I love the rat look, but something inside says "clean and paint". I think I'll pop the fat franks on, a different seat, maybe some grips and bars and see where that leads. Then again, I like it the way it is. Maybe I'll just come up with a flower pot stand bracket........... :shock:

Fenders, I want to see the Fenders!

Was able to go over the frame and fork with some rubbing compound this evening and do a bit of assembly work.

DSC_0003-5.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

Fenders are next Jerry. :wink:

Steve! Nice clean Racer.. I have a question. I have a 68 Deluxe Collegiate with S5's.. I am having a hard time getting the Kendas to sit right on the rim. Did you make a few attempts or was it 1,2,3 ??

No problems getting mine to seat properly, but if you want them to run smooth you need to make sure you run them at the max. pressure...65psi.

Back