PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-29 UPDATE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-9)

I don't know for sure...just taking the guy at his word.

I personally would not have used that name on the stem if I was repoppin' these.

I would have come up with a new logo...maybe a pitt bull head or something cool like that.

I do know that the quality is really nice and it beats spending $250 for an NOS blue Tuff or Pro Neck for a modern build.

Re: PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-9 UPDATE)

You mean the bolt that connects the shaft to the head of the stem?

Re: PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE

Smoopy's said:
porkchopzz4 said:
Steve, this is going to turn out awesome :)

Lambo, he rides for Felt now (Devon Smillie) - a friend built that Landrace in the pics of him doing tricks, then he was the first one to ride it (no warm up or anything, he just got rad on it instantly and his sister took the pics) - here are the pics:

Justin, we gotta get Devon to put on a display at our Sept. show
Hey, get Jon Dowker and The Freestyle Connection (Devon rides with `em occasionally), they`ll hook your display up fo sho :wink:

That's a pretty cool stem! Looks like the real thing, only affordable.

Another option is to get a profile wedge stem direct from profileracing.com. I think i paid $65. Come in a variety of colors, and 4 choices on extension. Bonus: made in the USA. I just ordered one in high-polish; i'll try to post a pic when it arrives.

-rob

*reason for edit: shout out for "made in the USA"

Bicycle808 said:
Another option is to get a profile wedge stem direct from profileracing.com. I think i paid $65. Come in a variety of colors, and 4 choices on extension. I just ordered one in high-polish; i'll try to post a pic when it arrives.

Ha!...I didn't even realize that they still sold that model on their site.

The one I bought for my Skull Skate cruiser came from Ebay and for some reason I thought it was NOS.

Glad to see that they offer them in all of the colors too.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0003-3.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Rat Rod said:

I personally would not have used that name on the stem if I was repoppin' these.

I would have come up with a new logo...maybe a pitt bull head or something cool like that.

I do know that the quality is really nice and it beats spending $250 for an NOS blue Tuff or Pro Neck for a modern build.

I'd re-pop it in red and call it a red neck :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait build idea :idea: Off to work I go :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Rat Rod said:

I'd re-pop it in red and call it a red neck :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait build idea :idea: Off to work I go :mrgreen:
lol Now, you know S&M has done beat ya to the draw with their Redneck stems :wink:

In the event that the red anodized wheels I bought from a forum member here don't look good I have a back up plan.

I have this set of UKAI 26x1.75 wheels that I can use.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

I'm still thinking a blue set of wheels would look best.

I recently found a mid-80's Mongoose ATB Chromoly in my local scrapyard. Other than some age on the stickers it looks great. DiaCompe Brakes and levers, Takagi Chainring, and that split headset. I am in the process of putting it back together.

Rat Rod said:
In the event that the red anodized wheels I bought from a forum member here don't look good I have a back up plan.

I have this set of UKAI 26x1.75 wheels that I can use.
I'm still thinking a blue set of wheels would look best.

I suspect the ukai wheels will look nicer than the red stuff. just my opinion. Blue might be best, but only if the blue matches the other blue stuff, imo. very cool build, not too far off from what i'm doing with my worksman, although i feel my build is more trails-ish.

regards
-rob

Re: PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-11 UPDATE)

The feelings of envy which this bike manifests in my mind are almost too much to bear. *sigh*

Well...got the red anodized wheel set from member leosbikes and threw them on the Landracer.

I also ordered a set of red anodized rat trap pedals to give it that 70s/80s look.

I may switch to a red chainring too to keep everything on the bottom half red.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

I'm not totally sure that the red works with this build so I may wait until I can track down a blue set of wheels.

Back