Proto Putty -- a curious alternative for rubber parts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm always on the lookout for tips & tricks that other disciplines can lend to bike builders. This latest thing comes from Grant Thompson, *the King of Random*, and was posted to his YouTube channel on Saturday. I've tried to use silicone before and that sticky stuff is a nightmare--this recipe appears tamed.

How could you use a big chunk of moldable rubber? New elastomer biscuit for an old EvanAction? Replacement pedal blocks? Hmmm....

I might have to try this for replica spaceliner lens making

I saw that video when he posted it, and have been trying to work out how to mould some custom handlebar grips, aside from that what about custom BMX pads for twin bar frames?
:39:
Actually I have the Back40 bike getting finished in the upcoming Winter Build-Off, some custom top tube crash pads would be awesome on that!

Luke.

I saw that video when he posted it, and have been trying to work out how to mould some custom handlebar grips, aside from that what about custom BMX pads for twin bar frames?
:39:
Actually I have the Back40 bike getting finished in the upcoming Winter Build-Off, some custom top tube crash pads would be awesome on that!

Luke.
Are you doing two builds? Outlaw maybe?

Latest posts

Back