Purchasing advice for a noob!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this hobby and I was thinking of picking up this Hawthorn bike. Is $185 a fair price? Any other info you may have about these bikes ,or this bike as it sits, would be much appreciated. Thanks
HawthorneCruiser.jpg

it all comes down to if you want the bike or not.

is it the best deal out there? certainly not, however for a nice clean ride, you'd probably pay the same at walmart. i don't think $150 is too far from the mark (i'd snap it up for $100)

if ya really want it, offer him $120 and see where it go's. :)

Thanks Icy. I guess it boils down to the old adage "a bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay". He does not know what year it is or much info about the bike; nor do I. In fact, I had never heard of "Hawthorn" until I saw this bike. I just thought it was kind of cool looking; but did not want to dump to much $ into it if it was junk.

A 1960ish middleweight bike in decent condition is definitely worth as much to me as any you can get in a dept. store, they run up to around $150.oo these days. I would think only $100.00-125.00 on this, because it's not a real Thunderbolt. :mrgreen:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... lt#p240857

if its a bike your not 100% crazy/excited about offer less, theres always another bike you want you dont know about yet :mrgreen: and it usually costs more :lol:

Back