TRADITIONAL Quasi-Motobike ..☆☆Let there be light!pg 13!☆☆

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see those attached to strapping laying around from time to time at work. I have always thought they had to be useful for something. For some reason, I never thought of bikes? Now, I'll be grabbing them instead of tossing them. Classy and clean
Not sure if they would work with another kind of strap or not. Would have to test them. That plastic strapping kind of molds to that shape.

Love the fancy knots OJ tied. 😎

Beautiful cars and bikes, thanks for sharing that. That red wagon caught my eye too, beautiful practicality.

The motorbike really looks the part too. The leather straps are a great touch. The glass bottles do not rattle too much when riding?
If you watch the video, you don't hear them rattle at all. I explain the 'shock absorption' in the vid.

Your bikes fit right in at the car show. Looks like a cool and fun time.

Another great video! It’s a very cool bike. Fun car show. More people should take their bikes to car shows. It adds interest.

I totally agree! And the classic car guys love to see the vintage bikes. Many of them got their start fixing up and modding their childhood bikes.

The bikes are cool. But the Bronco caught my eye. 😍 Don't tell the bikes I said that!

Great video! Thank you. Love the lamp. I use paraffin oil in my oil lamps. Burns clean, without soot.
Mind the lens! (experience talking)

Thanks for the tips! And yes, that era of Bronco is one of my top 5 favs of vehicles all-time.

I'm off to find some parafin oil!

Thanks for the tips! And yes, that era of Bronco is one of my top 5 favs of vehicles all-time.

I'm off to find some parafin oil!
image_2024-06-14_162607049.png

Just an example. As you can see in the description, smokeless, odorless...

Cool lamp. I could tell when you had the lens open that it has some magnification going on with it to amplify the light. I know at one time you were thinking of LEDizing it, but it may be cooler if you can get it to work with flame. That will be a very cool addition to the build.

Very cool build. That lamp is great. I've seen them on ebay from time to time.

The video came across my YouTube feed, so took a peek before catching up on the build.

Would those have been fender mount, neck mount or handlebar mount? I'd vote for the handlebar and if that doesn't work move lower.

Very cool build. That lamp is great. I've seen them on ebay from time to time.

The video came across my YouTube feed, so took a peek before catching up on the build.

Would those have been fender mount, neck mount or handlebar mount? I'd vote for the handlebar and if that doesn't work move lower.

That lamp is cool! Watched the vid without sound. (Watching a show with the Mrs). I’d say stem mout below the bars. Loved the ride vid. Looked like you were cruising pretty good.

Love the lamp! I like the idea of mounting it off center, maybe just below the bars. Down low on the fork leg might look cool too.

Thanks guys! I feel like it should be mounted somewhere below the bars as well, and a bit off center so it doesn't hide the head
badge completely. I will be experimenting with it this weekend. And doing some prospecting for a top cap for the lamp as well.
Which means, I'll be hauling it around to garage sales and thrift stores so I can eyeball fitting options!

Here are some potential mounting locations, still shots taken from Update #10.

On the bars, just to the right of center, could be at this height or slightly lower.

head lamp 2.jpg

Off the stem or headtube, centered.

head lamp 4.jpg

Centered between the fork braces and below the bar.

head lamp 3.jpg

Remember, the fixed (meaning, can't be messed with) clamp that's integrated with the lamp is at the top edge of the fuel canister, you can see it in my left hand.

head lamp 5 clamp.jpg

Back