QUESTION FOR FELT OWNERS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm trying to decipher the production code on the 2005 Felt Vintage Iron "Cross 400" that I picked up this weekend. I was hoping that some of you who own Felt cruisers could check the bottom of your BB and tell me what numbers you see. Better yet, if you could take a photo that would be great too.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a really early built bike or not...

DSC_0038.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
Steve-
I don't own a Felt (yet), but have you considered calling the company and seeing if they would share their secret serial number code freely?

I sent them an email using their online email form, but I'm not sure if they will ever respond.

You know it's not good when you get an automated response stating that they may or may not respond due to the quantity of emails they receive. :roll:

One other interesting thing to me is the fact that this bike has bow pedals on it.

As far as I know, the original owner didn't change out the pedals.

I questioned one of my local Schwinn experts about the Persons pedals on my '55 Spitfire. His explaination might be the case here as well. If when the LBS was assembling the bike, they found a problem with the pedals, they might have just grabbed a set off of the shelf to throw on the bike rather than going through the hassle of getting the correct set from Felt. A bike won't sell while it is taking up room in the back of the shop waiting on parts. Just a possible explaination.

I see you got the one off of criagslist I was going to buy that but then decided against it in hope of waiting for a particular Electra Iwant to come up on craigslist.

I just spoke with the owner again and he said he questioned them about the pedals when he went to pick up the bike and he said that they told him that was what was in the box.

He also said that when he talked to Felt about a possible fix for the kickstand they put him off onto the dealer and then the dealer didn't want to fix it either. Unless something changed in the past 4 years, sounds like Felt needs a little customer service 101.

MIGZ said:
I see you got the one off of criagslist I was going to buy that but then decided against it in hope of waiting for a particular Electra Iwant to come up on craigslist.

Glad you decided against it. :wink:

I didn't even see the ad until Friday evening.....which was 11 days after it was listed. I was shocked to see that it was still available at that price.

rad rod, you should know by now

real rat rodders can't afford felt bicycles. why do ya think we build rats?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha Ha...let me introduce you to the trading up concept. :D

You've heard the stories of the folks who have used the CL to trade up and eventually end up getting a house or a Porsche...well, it works for bikes too.

Trust me...I don't have the kind of dough to be buying Felts either. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Ha Ha...let me introduce you to the trading up concept. :D
You've heard the stories of the folks who have used the CL to trade up and eventually end up getting a house or a Porsche...well, it works for bikes too.
:

I like to think that my $50 purchase of a rusty Grey Ghost is still funding my bike hobby 4 years later. At least that is what I am telling my wife. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Trust me...I don't have the kind of dough to be buying Felts either. :wink:

can we still be disgruntled about your superior trading skills :mrgreen:

i dont know if you can still find the original website (he still has a website) but i remember this redpaperclip dude a while back, started with a paperclip and ended up with a house :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip

There is a guy out of KC that started with a gold plated paperclip and a note from Donald Trump stating that it was his paperclip. He is sitting on a ski boat right now. I was trade number two- 18' Canoe for a mini-bike. He has been sitting idle for a while now.

Check his site out here
http://www.golderpaperclip.com

trading up huh? (note to self, turn ipod into private jet) 8)

doesn't felt have a bicycle registration?
perhaps the former owner registered the bike. if so, you should be able to get all the good info,
including where and when it was purchased and at what price.

I've got the original receipt, the owners manual and I know where he bought it.

I need to email him and see if he registered the bike or not.

I was hoping someone else with a Felt cruiser could show me a photo of the numbers on the bottom of the BB.

Yeah...tried that.

This is what they looked like on the other end of the line when I finished asking about it... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
that says it all.

"sorry sir but we deal with bicycles not serial numbers."
:mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:

I was hoping someone else with a Felt cruiser could show me a photo of the numbers on the bottom of the BB.

Just wanted to resurrect this thread. I would like to know what year my 'Behind the 8-Ball' frame is.
the serial #? S4HT01967 and opposite that is C04-4. I have looked at Felt's site and the one they have is a different style frame.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Also does anyone have a Felt chain guard they would be willing to part with?

Back